Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Stories like those emerge from every losing team around the league seriously. I don't think we are a mess or dysfunctional at all.

We all know what true dysfunction is. We lived through it with Al. This team is far from that. We are just a team who wasn't as good as we thought and fell far short of expectations. Guys clash when you're losing.

We also didn't have a leader last year. JDR is not and never has been a leader. He regularly scapegoats and sidesteps blame throughout his career. Gruden is in a different stratosphere as a Xs and Os coach and also a leader of men. I don't believe he would've taken the job if he didn't believe this is a team that can get back on track fast.

Honestly i think that some of this untrue. Carr creating a religious clique doesn’t make a ton of sense. He’s pretty close with a lot of his teammates it seems, i mean the dude is always talking to them on Twitter. Also in the “report” the guy didn’t list any sources at all. And if it’s true why the heck aren’t reputable news reporting on it? Because they don’t want the Raiders to exclude them? Please if the Raiders blackballed the media it would be a PR nightmare. This is just fake news designed to get fans riled up. 

32 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Honestly i think that some of this untrue. Carr creating a religious clique doesn’t make a ton of sense. He’s pretty close with a lot of his teammates it seems, i mean the dude is always talking to them on Twitter. Also in the “report” the guy didn’t list any sources at all. And if it’s true why the heck aren’t reputable news reporting on it? Because they don’t want the Raiders to exclude them? Please if the Raiders blackballed the media it would be a PR nightmare. This is just fake news designed to get fans riled up. 

His source is Probably Raiders Bounty ? if any of you guys are on a twitter you know who that is 

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

We also didn't have a leader last year. JDR is not and never has been a leader. He regularly scapegoats and sidesteps blame throughout his career. Gruden is in a different stratosphere as a Xs and Os coach and also a leader of men. I don't believe he would've taken the job if he didn't believe this is a team that can get back on track fast.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the writing was on the wall with the way JDR handled "leadership". Every week he appointed different team captains to act as leaders. You'd regularly see backups, 2nd string players going out on the field as team captains. I don't think I've ever seen that before. It was just strange. Even if symbolic, why in the world were we appointing guys like Autry or Patterson the symbolized "leaders of the team" when they can't even earn a full time starting spot and get a majority of the snaps. It's like JDR just expected everyone on the team to act as a quintessential leader if they were just thrust into leadership positions. Which may work on a team as disciplined and veteraned as NE or Pitt, but not us. You saw it with guys making game changing mistakes and not being taken off the field. You heard it when JDR spoke about players needing to act like professionals when they weren't, and he didn't do anything about it (crabtree). Don't get me wrong, I really liked JDR, but I think I can see where he was going wrong. 

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the writing was on the wall with the way JDR handled "leadership". Every week he appointed different team captains to act as leaders. You'd regularly see backups, 2nd string players going out on the field as team captains. I don't think I've ever seen that before. It was just strange. Even if symbolic, why in the world were we appointing guys like Autry or Patterson the symbolized "leaders of the team" when they can't even earn a full time starting spot and get a majority of the snaps. It's like JDR just expected everyone on the team to act as a quintessential leader if they were just thrust into leadership positions. Which may work on a team as disciplined and veteraned as NE or Pitt, but not us. You saw it with guys making game changing mistakes and not being taken off the field. You heard it when JDR spoke about players needing to act like professionals when they weren't, and he didn't do anything about it (crabtree). Don't get me wrong, I really liked JDR, but I think I can see where he was going wrong. 

For me, watching JDR deflect blame on Musgrave was when it hit me he'd not changed since his days in Jacksonville. Then keeping guys like KNJ it was clear he was less about leadership and winning and more self serving. 

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Stories like those emerge from every losing team around the league seriously. I don't think we are a mess or dysfunctional at all.

We all know what true dysfunction is. We lived through it with Al. This team is far from that. We are just a team who wasn't as good as we thought and fell far short of expectations. Guys clash when you're losing.

Del Rio lost this team.  I'm not sure why but they stopped playing for him.  Did they not believe in his system?  There was something else.  Maybe some of what was said in that article is true.  Do I believe it's all hogwash?  No.

On 30/01/2018 at 10:29 PM, NickButera said:

JDR can be criticised for a number of things but this captaincy thing is a non issue imo especially regarding Autry and Patterson. Both performed well in their respective roles, by naming them captains it was likely a message to those at the bottom end of the roster that they have important roles to play and the coaching staff recognised it. I’ve no problem with that and actually like the idea.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Everyone swore he was the reason the Oline was good. 

I don't think anyone swore he was the reason.  I'm pretty sure everyone knew our OL was good because we paid to bring in the best offensive lineman on the market.  We brought in R. Hudson, KO, and D. Penn. 

Archived