Gruden hints RB early

LoganF89

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Give me Vea and Kerryon Johnson in the 1st and 2nd.

My ideal scenario would be Payne and KJ. I just have a feeling if we pass on RB in the first there's going to be a huge run on RBs and we'll miss out. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

My ideal scenario would be Payne and KJ. I just have a feeling if we pass on RB in the first there's going to be a huge run on RBs and we'll miss out. 

I like Payne, but I do not want another "undersized" NT. Give me a space eater (Vea) that is 340lbs thats almost impossible to move (Vince Wilfork anyone?) and I think we improve more than a penetrating NT like Payne. (Just my preference to like Vea more than Payne)

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You think?  Who even needs starting RBs? I feel like a lot of teams signed vets in free agency.

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You think?  Who even needs starting RBs? I feel like a lot of teams signed vets in free agency.

Borrowing from DraftTek's team needs sheet and looking at those teams that have a 2 or 3 at RB, then checking if they've made moves:

• Actively looking
    • Buffalo (22) - yes, they signed Chris Ivory and Travaris Cadet ... but that don't impress me much; since they have 5 picks in the top 65, they might reach a bit for RB #3 (assumes that Barkley and Guice are off the table at 22)
    • NY Giants (34) - I think they consider Stewart as a bridge/hedge option, but it will depend on what fall
    • Tampa Bay (38) - Peyton Barber and Jacquizz Rogers ... they're gonna be looking
    • Miami (42) - Kenyon Drake as the #1 ... yeah, I think I'd rather have plan B
  • Might make move if the value is right
    • Green Bay (14) - I could see them looking at Guice if he's there, but if both he and Barkley are gone, then no
    • Seattle (21) - See Green Bay
    • Pittsburgh (28) - See Green Bay, but this could also a Le'Veon Bell hedge/plan for the future move
    • Cleveland (33/35) - Yes the signed Hyde to a large contract, so I think Barkley might be off the table at this point, but a value pick at the top of the 2nd is possible
    • Indianapolis (36/37) - The Colts would be value shopping here

3 minutes ago, Slateman said:

What coach actually tells the truth about their intentions before the draft?

That’s what I told my buddy. It doesn’t make sense. They keep talking RB this offseason it almost makes me think their trying to get the RB’s and theyknow the QB run early will happen. I think their trying to get one of those LB’s or Fitz or their worried Payne or Vea may not fall.

5 hours ago, Eric said:

If Hankins signs and I'm the Skins I am looking to trade down in the first without hesitation. RB would be a smart pick then.

The quarterbacks what is going to help us. If 4 qbs go before we pick the likelihood of Fitzpatrick or James being on the board is solid. There's a couple teams in the 20s that would move up for one of them I believe. That's far enough of a drop to pick up an extra 2nd and a 4th round pick. If the running back is what we want this is the rout that will get us there and fill needs elsewhere.

I still hold true with Ronald Jones being the guy for us with Sony Michel a close 2nd. Guice real good rb but in the passing game I see the other 2 as better fits and hope the skins feel the same.

If we land that trade back scenario I would go Issah Wynn in the first, Ronald Jones in the 2nd and with the extra pick and Tim Settle in the 3rd. Settle would be insurance for Hankins in case of injury and I would want to make darn sure we can stop the run regardless

I like your Scenario though I would take Hernandez over Wynn.

I believe we will trade down probably about 7-to-10 to spots.

pick up at least an extra 3rd round pick. Perhaps more.

And take the RB that is highest on our board or close.

I don't personally like this idea, but its looking that way from an outside perspective.

We've got to get a NT! Bargain binning for this position is not smart, but what can I do?

Oh well....

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I believe we will trade down probably about 7-to-10 to spots.

pick up at least an extra 3rd round pick. Perhaps more.

And take the RB that is highest on our board or close.

I don't personally like this idea, but its looking that way from an outside perspective.

We've got to get a NT! Bargain binning for this position is not smart, but what can I do?

Oh well....

If we trade down we’re bound to be upset because we’re destin to lose out on one of the top prospects we want.

For example - I know it’s just a mock draft simulation - but I traded down because Vea was slated to be a late 1st and Ridley. What happens? They both get picked because before my pick because I had traded back 8 spots.

We’re not bargain bidding for a NT right now. We have brought in two quality NTs and talked to them about a contract. Hankins made $10 million last year, Sly Williams made over $5 and the Titans had a good run defense - shut down Hunt int he playoffs - and he was the starting NT on the Broncos D’s in 2015 and 16 which had good run defenses.

6 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Who's available you think in the fourth round for running backs ?.

Rashad Penny (who BMitch likes)

Nyheim Hines, NC St

Ito Smith, Southern Miss

Mark Walton, Miami (Jezzy’s dude) a good mix in between a Perine/Kelley type and a Thompson type.

Bo Scarborough, Bama. A slower version of Derrick Henry that could be a redzone/short yardage banger.

Akrum Wadley, Iowa. A good mix in between a Perine/Kelley type and a Thompson type.

37 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We already have Hines and Bo on the team. Pass on them.

I don’t think Perine and Scarbrough are a good comp. Scarbrough has more experience in the running scheme that we run because he played at Bama and his 40 time is 1.3 tenths faster than Perine. Scarbrough is a taller upright runner - which is an issue - Perine is shorter and more compact but doesn’t have as good of straight line speed.

If I was a coach/GM of the skins, I’d ask Perine to shed 10-20 pounds to become quicker/faster. Leveon Bell dropped 20 pounds before he got to Pitt and it helped his speed and quickness. Bell was 240 in college and a bruiser who had some breakaway speed like Perine. 

Now, I’m not saying Perine will ever be Bell, I don’t think he ever will but just stating that dropping some weight could help him out.  

Archived