2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

I think that the coaches know he’s a liability on the back end. Gruden has seen the tape, i think with the other additions made in recent days this has more to do with guys being familiar with the schemes ran. 

24 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

to make a Gruden team you need to prove yourself with experience in camp. I see the 4th safety spot coming down to Luani or Nelson. Luani needs to have a good camp

If Nelson isn’t starting and doesn’t play ST’s no way he can make the final 53

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

If Nelson isn’t starting and doesn’t play ST’s no way he can make the final 53

I agree here. As with most moves this is a wait and see. What it means to me from the outside has already been stated above with the added detail that they think Karl and Obi need mentor-ship still. I think Gilchrist was brought to play if they can't and nelson was brought to teach and then if they still can't play then he will. I hope that won't be needed.

Remaining 3rd wave Free Agents who would fit the program 

WR: J Matthews, Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Brice Butler, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Markus Wheaton

Edge Rusher: K Ealy, P McPhee, Elvis Dummerville, Robert Ayers, Dwight Freeney. Junior Galette , Willie Young, Connor Barwin,

DT: J Hankins, Terry Mcdaniel

LB: Derrick Johnson, N Bowman, Ahmad Brooks, Kevin Minter, Gerald Hodges,

CB: DRC, Delvin Breaux, Bashaun Breeland, Jeremy Lane, Pacman Jones, Dontae Johnson, Byron Maxwell, Davon House, Kenny Vaccaro 

29 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I agree here. As with most moves this is a wait and see. What it means to me from the outside has already been stated above with the added detail that they think Karl and Obi need mentor-ship still. I think Gilchrist was brought to play if they can't and nelson was brought to teach and then if they still can't play then he will. I hope that won't be needed.

this

28 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

https://twitter.com/JIHADWARD17/status/977614602476208128

It's getting obvious the locker room was a huge mess last year. You can go through his timeline to see what he thinks about Crabtree as well.

If you wonder why we're bringing all those vets familiar with our coaches, it's probably THE reason. There's some fixing to do there.

It wont come up for me. Can i get a rundown. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Remaining 3rd wave Free Agents who would fit the program 

WR: J Matthews, Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Brice Butler, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Markus Wheaton

Edge Rusher: K Ealy, P McPhee, Elvis Dummerville, Robert Ayers, Dwight Freeney. Junior Galette , Willie Young, Connor Barwin,

DT: J Hankins, Terry Mcdaniel

LB: Derrick Johnson, N Bowman, Ahmad Brooks, Kevin Minter, Gerald Hodges,

CB: DRC, Delvin Breaux, Bashaun Breeland, Jeremy Lane, Pacman Jones, Dontae Johnson, Byron Maxwell, Davon House, Kenny Vaccaro 

I thought Brice Butler was still on Dallas? I also thought Breaux signed with Denver? Am I missing something here?

I thought Terry McDaniel retired as a DB years ago? (that part is a joke)

3 hours ago, mct288 said:

I thought Brice Butler was still on Dallas? I also thought Breaux signed with Denver? Am I missing something here?

I thought Terry McDaniel retired as a DB years ago? (that part is a joke)

Butler and Breaux both free agents...  is that a joke about Mcdaniel? don't think he played since the 90s

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Butler and Breaux both free agents...  is that a joke about Mcdaniel? don't think he played since the 90s

Ahh. I saw something about Breaux after this post. I guess he's visiting a couple teams soon. I wasn't going to let pesky facts get in the way of me making a post. This is the internet after all. I like Breaux, he'd be a cool get if he's healthy. Butler, I'm meh on. My heart wouldn't be broken if he wasn't a Raider again, but he seems like a good dude, good worker, and good enough 4th or 5th WR.

And yeah, that was a joke about McDaniel. There was a guy by the same name in the DT section of the original post.

Archived