'18 Top Pass Rush Teams & Bradley Chubb Giving Us an Identity

Mind Character

Hubbard also played safety in high school and understands how to cover and such as well, if you care anything zone blitzes.

I truly think he can be a really solid player for a team that employs a lot of versatility, such as the Pats.

As Mind said, he’s not winning with speed or twitch, but rather hands and effort.  There’s a place for those type of guys in the league, but I’m not sure how early you draft them. Personally, I’d probably start looking at him around 64.

On a personal note, I used to work with his mom for about 5 years and she’s one of the most overbearing and self important people I’ve ever met. Just figured I’d let y’all know for some reason.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On a personal note, I used to work with his mom for about 5 years and she’s one of the most overbearing and self important people I’ve ever met. Just figured I’d let y’all know for some reason.

That's because she's a typical MOELLER mom. I despise that school and most of the clientele to be honest.

See my thing with Chubb is 

you dont have to be Joey Bosa for us

thats what we have Myles to do 

but if you can be our Melvin Ingram who attracts enough attention to let Myles be who he is without an offense being able to focus in on guarding him 

that could be enough right now

when Ogbah went down Garrett could be focused on by the offense and that really affected his effectiveness 

I need to always have a dependable 3rd rusher at worst and at best a guy that can create mismatches 

On 3/26/2018 at 1:33 AM, brownie man said:

See my thing with Chubb is 

you dont have to be Joey Bosa for us

thats what we have Myles to do 

but if you can be our Melvin Ingram who attracts enough attention to let Myles be who he is without an offense being able to focus in on guarding him 

that could be enough right now

when Ogbah went down Garrett could be focused on by the offense and that really affected his effectiveness 

I need to always have a dependable 3rd rusher at worst and at best a guy that can create mismatches 

or we could have 2 joey bosas

One of the things I think is getting overlooked here.....Chubb is really good against the run also.

I am for Chubb with the 4thpick.....I have been preaching the Giants Model of overloading passrushers since Nov.....even in my first Mock I had us taking TWO passrushers with all the picks we had....started out With Devenport in the 2nd after taking Darnold and Minkah....now after getting Randle to play that safety role...I am for taking Chubb...he's the best DE in this draft......with our first 4 picks we can get our QB of a future, create a potential unbalancing Pass rush modeled after the Giants, a #1 CB to complete the rebuild of the secondary, complete the revamp of the WR corps and a revamped Ground game (I really like Rashad Penny)

1. Darnold

4. Cubb

2nd. J. Alexander CB

2nd C. Sutton WR

2nd R. Penny RB

Add that to what we already got and now were cooking with Crisco...

15 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

1. Darnold

4. Cubb

2nd. J. Alexander CB

2nd C. Sutton WR

2nd R. Penny RB

Add that to what we already got and now were cooking with Crisco...

swap out Penny for Nick Chubb or Ronald Jones and this would be my ideal scenario I really just dont believe in Penny producing in the league 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

swap out Penny for Nick Chubb or Ronald Jones and this would be my ideal scenario I really just dont believe in Penny producing in the league 

Interesting....Ronald Jones was murdered by his 40.....but this is one of those times though where I know what the stop watch say's, but I saw him run away from NFL defenders vs Stanford and Arizona....

I didnt like the way Chubb looked against teams with NFL speed.....

Just Curious, who are your top 5 backs? (Doing Pules checks in the room this week)

Mine are:

1. Saquan Barkley (obvious choice)

2. Rashard Penny- I may like him much more than other folks

3. Sonny Michelle

4. Darrius Guice

T-5. Kerryon Johnson

T-5. Kallen Ballage

23 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Interesting....Ronald Jones was murdered by his 40.....but this is one of those times though where I know what the stop watch say's, but I saw him run away from NFL defenders vs Stanford and Arizona....

I didnt like the way Chubb looked against teams with NFL speed.....

Just Curious, who are your top 5 backs? (Doing Pules checks in the room this week)

Mine are:

1. Saquan Barkley (obvious choice)

2. Rashard Penny- I may like him much more than other folks

3. Sonny Michelle

4. Darrius Guice

T-5. Kerryon Johnson

T-5. Kallen Ballage

well not sure if you watched the combine but he hurt his hammy on the run you can clearly see that he injured himself which is why he only won once

I would say my 5 would be

1. Barkley

2. Guice

3. Michel 

4. Ronald Jones

5. Kerryon Johnson

Archived