Cleveland Signs Gaines

MWil23

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Could you imagine outside duo of Gaines and Ward and inside Due of BBC and Currie. 

That kind of a secondary is going to allow Garrett feast!!!

I feel that this move removes the need to draft Ward at 4.

We are doing a great job setting ourselves up at BPA at 4 or trade down...

I love what they are doing...

10 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I feel that this move removes the need to draft Ward at 4.

We are doing a great job setting ourselves up at BPA at 4 or trade down...

I love what they are doing...

I think we might end up the trade down with Buffalo; we get 12, 22, the 2nd rounder, and a first next year. I want Chubb but could totally live with this.

Their secondary was a complete dumpster fire last year but this signing definitely helps. They as of now, would have:

CB: Gaines (GOOD)

CB: Jamar Taylor (Awful IMO)

FS: Randall (acquired from Green Bay)

SS: Peppers (Who knows? Poorly utilized as a rookie)

They still need a CB on the outside. I'd love Ward as a draft pick even now and solidify (in theory) that outside CB spot for a while.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Their secondary was a complete dumpster fire last year but this signing definitely helps. They as of now, would have:

CB: Gaines (GOOD)

CB: Jamar Taylor (Awful IMO)

FS: Randall (acquired from Green Bay)

SS: Peppers (Who knows? Poorly utilized as a rookie)

They still need a CB on the outside. I'd love Ward as a draft pick even now and solidify (in theory) that outside CB spot for a while.

From what I was hearing I thought the other CB would be TJ Carrie.

He played in the slot in Oakland but is planning on being a boundary corner this year.

I think this may spell the end for Jamar Taylor on our team, but they may let him compete and we will see.

It at least opens up the possibility to take the BPA and not overdraft someone based on need.

So Gaines/Carrie starting then or what (pending draft). Taylor, Mitchell, BBC fighting for two spots I’d imagine. Not sure they’d have even thrown money at Mitchell if they knew Gaines was coming, but I’m not complaining. He’s decent for depth. It does seem that we don’t have a #1 CB but do have a few capable CBS now, which is more then we could have said for last year. I’m interested to see Gaines’ contract. I’m all for trying to get a potential CB1 via the draft but only if it’s BPA and not a positional pick. To me, this would seem to eliminate thoughts of Ward at 4 or Ward over Chubb. 

Archived