OBJ holding out for new contract

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Because you need evidence of a crime being committed. Smoking a substance you can't identify wouldn't qualify.

But don't worry your heart, I'm sure the NFL will give him something to think about.

Depends where he was at if its a crime the video is the evidence.  Also I get it know body knows for sure what the other substances were but it should merit investigation for sure.

37 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Sources confirmed Rams are pursuing ODB. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-wr-odell-beckham-pursued-rams-trade-article-1.3897161 Not sure how credible this article is though.

Its Pat Leonard. Guy has a history of a personal vendetta against OBJ and is constantly wrong. Ask Matt Patricia, the Giants head coach, how great Pat Leonard is at his job. 

40 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

How will they pay OBJ, Donald, and Suh?

Folks get that we're damn near $100m below the cap next year right?  And that signing bonuses are typically prorated over the term of the contract and that "extension" means that the players isn't often getting the salary bump until the following season (these are things that are applicable to Donald and OBJ, Suh would be a different case).

I'm not trying to be trite here.  It often feels like people don't have a firm grasp on how "extensions" actually work and structure and assume that the player is suddenly making a massive salary/cap-number jump in the year of execution (year the extension is signed) with no regard to the fact that a current contract (which still needs to be served out) is being added on to.

This whole thing is getting so blown out of proportion that it is ridiculous even for a topic about OBJ. There wasn't this reaction when OBJ was trying to recruit Juice to the Giants this past year. Thanks to a slow news cycle, a rapsheet report, the terrible Pat Leonard writing a story, and Juice's tweet, this is too much now. 

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Its Pat Leonard. Guy has a history of a personal vendetta against OBJ and is constantly wrong. Ask Matt Patricia, the Giants head coach, how great Pat Leonard is at his job. 

I was willing to write it off just on it being the NYDN (which to my knowledge isn't even an "also-ran" when it comes to sports reporting).  Then you mentioned Leonard... yeah, nothing to see here.  That article is just click-bait.

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This whole thing is getting so blown out of proportion that it is ridiculous even for a topic about OBJ. There wasn't this reaction when OBJ was trying to recruit Juice to the Giants this past year. Thanks to a slow news cycle, a rapsheet report, the terrible Pat Leonard writing a story, and Juice's tweet, this is too much now. 

He ain't going anywhere.

Kings Ransom would be required for a trade, and the Giants know how valuable he is to their O.

Fun discussion in offseason boredom though.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I was willing to write it off just on it being the NYDN (which to my knowledge isn't even an "also-ran" when it comes to sports reporting).  Then you mentioned Leonard... yeah, nothing to see here.  That article is just click-bait.

If you guys want to follow some people who are pretty on the money when it comes to Giants news, Jordan Raanan, Tom Rock, and Kim Jones are great follows. As are Dan Graziano, Dan Duggan, and Art Stapleton. All 6 of them also happen to be reporting that a deal is NOT imminent. 

Gary Myers and Pat Leonard of the NYDN are garbage. Not just subjectively, but they are wrong way more than they are right. With Myers retired, Leonard is trying to pick up the slack, I guess. 

This is one of those situations, ultimately, though where there just isn't a reachable middle-ground.  No team is going to be willing to pay the price that the Giants would demand for OBJ AND the kind of money that Beckham is demanding.  Is Beckham a top 3 receiver?  Yes.  Is a Top 3 receiver moving the needle so much for a team for the next 3-4 years to merit the kind of draft capital it would require to obtain AND $20M/yr?  Plainly?  No.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If you guys want to follow some people who are pretty on the money when it comes to Giants news, Jordan Raanan, Tom Rock, and Kim Jones are great follows. As are Dan Graziano, Dan Duggan, and Art Stapleton. All 6 of them also happen to be reporting that a deal is NOT imminent. 

Gary Myers and Pat Leonard of the NYDN are garbage. Not just subjectively, but they are wrong way more than they are right. With Myers retired, Leonard is trying to pick up the slack, I guess. 

Am I right in generally assuming that the NYDN is just a gossip rag and nothing more when it comes to (non-score related) sports stuffs?

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Am I right in generally assuming that the NYDN is just a gossip rag and nothing more when it comes to (non-score related) sports stuffs?

I'm in Eagles territory so I'm not as on the pulse of NY news as others might be, but even I know the NYDN is a joke. Yeah, it is garbage. I'm sure others can elaborate. 

30 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Depends where he was at if its a crime the video is the evidence.  Also I get it know body knows for sure what the other substances were but it should merit investigation for sure.

Why would they investigate him for something he maybe did based on a video? What would they hope to find?

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

In a CLE scenario, NYG probably targets getting Coleman back, and a high draft pick.   

Virtually every Odell-to-Cleveland scenario I've seen has Corey "Well, He's Fast!" Coleman going as a major part of the package to the Giants in return. Not at all sure if the Giants would do that- it kind of sounds like one of those Hope Springs Eternal trades wherein a fan of Team A suggests they can get Disgruntled Star From Other Team for Lesser Unneeded Guy in return.

NOW: if the Browns still had, and would be willing to package, Kenny "Manos de Piedra" Britt together with that former Lineman Who Can Play All Positions, Just None Of The Well, oh, yeah, Cameron Erving, for Odell -  the Giants would have to think long and hard about that one!!!

"CLANG!!"

Image result for Kenny Britt dropping pass

"Fer real??"

Image result for Cameron Erving

Archived