OBJ holding out for new contract

RaidersAreOne

Yeah Landry is better than people are making him out to be, but ODB is different. He's a much more explosive playmaker who can rip the top off a defense and get big chunk plays. His value is different than Landry's. Is ODB going to go for a 1st round pick? Probably. Either that, or a slew of 2nd/3rd round picks. He's got baggage, but he's also the best young WR in the league who has produced at an extremely high level ever since setting foot in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I'd have to pass on trading for him. Unless the Giants are trading for dirt cheap. For all the money you'd have to invest and the absolute headache he is to deal with, just not worth the assets the Giants are going to ask for.

Also the injury concerns. 

9 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

...but why? Team first.

He’s been the only reason to tune into a giants game the past four seasons.  Even when the rest of the team sucked, I look forward to the games because he’s on the field making spectacular plays.  He is the most exciting player I’ve seen - ever. (15 years being a fan).  Like Kip, and thousands of other giants fans, I’d be pissed if the giants traded him.

14 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Landry was tagged and Miami had no intentions of actually keeping him on the roster. Odell is on his 5th year option. Completely different scenarios. 

Both were players who essentially weren't going to play unless they got an extension. Not sure if Landry came out and said it like OBJ did though. We'll just have to wait and see. I can't see the Giants actually trading him because of the gap in what teams will offer versus what they think they should get in returning. Apparently the starting bid is 1 plus. 

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Would Giants fans take this offer?

Browns Get:

Odell Beckham Jr. WR

#2 Overall Pick

Giants Get:

#1 Overall Pick (Sam Darnold)

2nd Round Pick (#33)

& we'll throw in Corey Coleman for you.

No. if the browns want obj they likely have to give up 4.

4 minutes ago, Gmen said:

He’s been the only reason to tune into a giants game the past four seasons.  Even when the rest of the team sucked, I look forward to the games because he’s on the field making spectacular plays.  He is the most exciting player I’ve seen - ever. (15 years being a fan)

One of THE best plays I've ever seen

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Is ODB going to go for a 1st round pick? Probably. Either that, or a slew of 2nd/3rd round picks. He's got baggage, but he's also the best young WR in the league who has produced at an extremely high level ever since setting foot in the NFL.

Indy is loaded with 2nds and he'd have Luck throwing him the ball. In one of the articles I came across, Odell wasn't as excited about working with a rookie QB as a with proven vet. Those were his comments and with the need to sign a new deal, he has some input on where he goes next. Indy also has the cap space

Yeah the Giants don't have nearly as much incentive to drop him as the Dolphins did with Landry. His value will start with a 1st rounder. Nobody thought Landry would go for a 1st rounder. They are two completely different players. While Landry has the stats of a #1 receiver, ODB is actually a #1.

Archived