What would you give up for OBJ?

zelbell

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think we would have to get rid of one of Gordon/Landry/Beckham. It would cost a major chunk of our cap, but I'd be fine with that. Having the best WR group in the NFL by far would be worth whatever we had to pay them all.

Dorsey has WR as his 5th most important position in football behind QB, Pass Rusher, LT and Corner. So maybe it's not out of the question. I'm not sure if that only applies WR1 though or a good WR corps in full.

Why wouldn't people want Odell? He's a big time diva, but he's also the best young WR in the game. Acquiring him would instantly give us the best WR group in the NFL and one of the most formidable trios of all time. Honestly, I can't think of any 3-headed monster that would be as deadly as Beckham/Gordon/Landry in NFL history. It'd be a legendary group. You would need 3 shutdown cornerbacks to slow down the offense and one of those guys would be getting singled up every play. Nightmare.

I think WR's are extremely important not because of what they offer statistically, but what they do to the defensive scheme. Unless you have one of the 4-5 shutdown cornerbacks in the league, you're going to have to devote safety help over the top of elite WR's. You're going to have to do that or run zone coverage, which most good NFL QB's can pick apart. We would be especially dangerous to run zone coverage against because of the way Landry can work the underneath game. Plus with all of the attention you'd be devoting to the three WR's we would have, motion would screw teams up big-time as they scrambled to adjust to big-time names moving pre-snap. We would be close to indefensible schematically, as there would likely be two mismatches at any given time in the passing game. Not to mention the fact that we could crush teams in the run game. You would probably never see a single high safety or 8 in the box, making life easy for the RB's, TE's, and Landry to eat up yards underneath. Plus all three of those guys can line up inside or outside and offer different skill sets.

ODB/Gordon/Landry is a nightmare for the pro bowl defense to cover, let-alone a stand-alone defense.

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think we would have to get rid of one of Gordon/Landry/Beckham. It would cost a major chunk of our cap, but I'd be fine with that. Having the best WR group in the NFL by far would be worth whatever we had to pay them all.

No it wouldn't. Not even a little bit. Obj is going to get the biggest wide receiver contract in history probably. Josh Gordon is going to get paid upwards of 12 million per year. Jarvis Landry will probably get close to what Gordon is getting. That is insane and there is no way it's going to happen unless one of them goes. It sounds fun in Madden, but no way.

And Gordon may end up being better than obj anyway while his trajectory is up and obj seems to be trending down with the coke video & all and his attitude. If anything, Josh Gordon seems to be maturing. I honestly don't know if obj will ever mature or if he is going down the T.O. route.

64 is what I'd give, and that probably won't get it done.

25 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why wouldn't people want Odell? He's a big time diva, but he's also the best young WR in the game. Acquiring him would instantly give us the best WR group in the NFL and one of the most formidable trios of all time. Honestly, I can't think of any 3-headed monster that would be as deadly as Beckham/Gordon/Landry in NFL history. It'd be a legendary group. You would need 3 shutdown cornerbacks to slow down the offense and one of those guys would be getting singled up every play. Nightmare.

He's had some serious injury, he seems like he could be a potential locker-room nightmare in the wrong situation, he's made it clear that he will sit out without an extension, he's made it clear that that extension should be 20 million a year or so because he wants to be paid like a quarterback, he's in a contract year and seems like the type who may sit on his Laurels once he gets paid, he is a diva who would be coming to Cleveland... need I go on? Other than being fun to watch, I do not see it at all. Quarterbacks are getting 30 million dollars per year and he wants to be paid like one. Someone else can go do that. I'd rather have Josh Gordon, but that's just me.

It’s going to happen. And he’ll settle down with the money if he gets traded here to reunite with Landry. I’m cool with letting Gordon walk if we get Odell and Landry. I’d first lock up Landry and Duke. We’ll talk him into getting the same deal as Landry. Both 5 years top 5 money. Im alittle worried about his recent video though. I’d prob give up a 2nd and 4th throw in Corey Coleman 

Sure, we all would love OBJ and the highs would be extremely high, but i'm not sure I can stomach going through the lows (And we all know they are coming). Plus I don't think Cleveland is high enough profile for him to be happy, he likes that Miami, NYC, LA type of party scene, our little flats and W.9th doesn't stand a chance.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sure, we all would love OBJ and the highs would be extremely high, but i'm not sure I can stomach going through the lows (And we all know they are coming). Plus I don't think Cleveland is high enough profile for him to be happy, he likes that Miami, NYC, LA type of party scene, our little flats and W.9th doesn't stand a chance.

True apparently our WR coach Henry said he is a headache to deal with and was done with him after two years. 

I'll say this in regards to the salary cap implications of signing Flash, Juice, and OBJ to extensions: we have the luxury of not having to pay our QB real QB money for another 5 years. By then, all 3 will be 30+, so cutting one or two won't be a big deal. If we draft replacements for Bitonio and Zeitler in the next couple years, that'll free up legit money. I guess we just gotta draft ahead of the money, which is a viable plan if you know how to draft.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Moss, Carter, Reed?

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

He's had some serious injury, he seems like he could be a potential locker-room nightmare in the wrong situation, he's made it clear that he will sit out without an extension, he's made it clear that that extension should be 20 million a year or so because he wants to be paid like a quarterback, he's in a contract year and seems like the type who may sit on his Laurels once he gets paid, he is a diva who would be coming to Cleveland... need I go on? Other than being fun to watch, I do not see it at all. Quarterbacks are getting 30 million dollars per year and he wants to be paid like one. Someone else can go do that. I'd rather have Josh Gordon, but that's just me.

You can’t trust Gordon at all.

Why the hell would you want him over OBJ?

Archived