Duck's Mock Draft 8.0

Da_Ducktator

22 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I think alot of teams do due diligence on players even if their not in their selection range or what they 100% need incase somehow they drop for some unknown reason.  The Falcons just went and checked out a early round QB knowing good and damn well we aren't taking a QB in rounds 1 and 2 it was almost a wasted trip XD.    but if he were to somehow by miracle fall to round 3 and 4 then you might take him as a BPA and great backup while saving cap space.

Also think sometimes HC's and teams do other friends and teams a solid by getting a 2nd set of eyes from a friend they trust or respect to check them out for them while they are already there for other players that are later picks like Hill and such.    All i know is the Falcons have been linked to Hill a good bit at DT and were raving about him and the other guy we have been slobbering all over it seems to be Vea.   So don't be surprised if Dimitroff makes a move to go get Vea if he falls to 15 or so thats something else he is known to do for the right person at a big need for the right guy.

In addition to this, I'd point out Belichick's proclivity for picking up or trading-on-the-cheap for highly-rated guys who crapped out after other teams spent 1st round picks on them... and having a generally positive track record of getting quality production out of them once he gets his hands on them.

Also worth noting, the last time New England lost in a Super Bowl (2012), they traded up in the 1st round of the following draft... twice (this was the year they had two late 1st's, their own and New Orleans' from the Saints trading back into the 1st for Mark Ingram the previous year).  That could be something to look out for this year that a lot of people haven't necessarily considered, the Pats could be movers-up.

2 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

If those two DBs fall to just before GBs pick I would expect them to move up to secure one.  I don't get the ILB pick either, it's not really a need and he's a reach at 14.

I'll be the 1st to admit if Minkah falls anywhere near 10 and someone at say 9 or 10 don't take him theirs gonna be tons of calls trying to come up and get that dude.  He's a top 5 caliber player and if he somehow dropped to 15 along with say Roquan Smith if im the Falcons even i possibly try to make moves to get either one.  I would put minkah at FS and Smith at WLB.

Neither are our major needs but those 2 guys are game changing type players at positions we can upgrade.

On 27/03/2018 at 9:57 AM, Da_Ducktator said:

Except if the Broncos move up, it'll be for Allen or Darnold. You can quote me on that.

Elway should lost his job if he trade up for Allen...Darnold and Rosen should be then only QBs considered at 5.....trade up for Allen is horrible and stupid.....people will laught at the team that overdraft Allen like that.

42 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Elway should lost his job if he trade up for Allen...Darnold and Rosen should be then only QBs considered at 5.....trade up for Allen is horrible and stupid.....people will laught at the team that overdraft Allen like that.

Don't shoot the messenger. Just hope you're ready for the Broncos to either taken Allen at 2 or Mayfield at 5.

People seem to be having a hard time-comprehending Josh Allen is going top 3. Maybe fan bases of the Browns, Broncos, Bills, and maybe Jets (believe strongly their move was for Rosen at 3 with Darnold/Allen basically locked into 1-2) should stop flaming people for putting it in their mock and start trying to accept it's a very real possibility that Josh Allen is your teams future QB...

Definitely a true BPA pick for the Falcons, but one that makes sense for their long-term needs. Williams could play RT or LG for the long-term should Schraeder or Levitre leave the team after 2018. In 2018, he could compete to potentially push Levitre off the roster too and upgrade that spot. Solid pick.

On 28/03/2018 at 12:28 PM, Da_Ducktator said:

Don't shoot the messenger. Just hope you're ready for the Broncos to either taken Allen at 2 or Mayfield at 5.

People seem to be having a hard time-comprehending Josh Allen is going top 3. Maybe fan bases of the Browns, Broncos, Bills, and maybe Jets (believe strongly their move was for Rosen at 3 with Darnold/Allen basically locked into 1-2) should stop flaming people for putting it in their mock and start trying to accept it's a very real possibility that Josh Allen is your teams future QB...

Josh Allen is not a top 10 in my mock

Archived