why don't Browns go for Beckham?

Humble_Beast

they have the cap space to give him the money he wants. they have the draft capital to make it happen

Imagine a draft

1- Darnold or Allen QB

4- Barkley RB

trades 2 2nds for Beckham.. maybe 3 or future pick for Beckham... Imagine that offense

QB: Allen/Darnold plus vets Taylor/Stanton

RB: Barkley/Duke

WR: Beckham, Landry, Corey Coleman

TE: Njoku 

Could be one of the best young offenses In the league.  they also have a great offensive line and upcoming defense...  Having Beckham and Landry would go a long way to helping their franchise qb become a star

Because it doesn’t appear that that will be enough to get OBJ. It’s speculation, but it sounds like the Giants would need huge compensation to let him go. If the Browns came with a serious offer, I imagine it’d have to include one of their top picks this year along with more (multiple seconds or future first).

No one in the league is untouchable, but it sounds like NYG are either dead set on keeping him or are driving up the asking price to something that no team will give up for a WR. 

But yeah, that Browns team would be pretty nasty with rookie/Tyrod, Barkley/Hyde/Duke, and OBJ/Landry/Gordon/Njoku. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Because it doesn’t appear that that will be enough to get OBJ. It’s speculation, but it sounds like the Giants would need huge compensation to let him go. If the Browns came with a serious offer, I imagine it’d have to include one of their top picks this year along with more (multiple seconds or future first).

No one in the league is untouchable, but it sounds like NYG are either dead set on keeping him or are driving up the asking price to something that no team will give up for a WR. 

But yeah, that Browns team would be pretty nasty with rookie/Tyrod, Barkley/Hyde/Duke, and OBJ/Landry/Gordon/Njoku. 

you don't think 

(2) 2nds 

Future 1st 2019 

(3)  rd round

Corey Coleman

would get it done? If I was the Browns I would possibly include a 3rd , 2nd round pick. Giants would stock up and get rid of the headache. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

you don't think 

(2) 2nds 

Future 1st 2019 

(3)  rd round

Corey Coleman

would get it done? If I was the Browns I would possibly include a 3rd , 2nd round pick. Giants would stock up and get rid of the headache. 

It’s possible, but from my perspective it sounds like they’re posturing for more. OBJ is a proven, top 4 at worst WR. 

JMO. That’s a lot of capitol for a wide receiver and it’d be hard for the Giants to pass up. Depends mostly on whether or not they want him or they’re just driving up his market in the media.

The Browns are going to have to give up that 4th pick for Odell if they truly want him. I think the Giants would seriously consider a deal that included the 4th and 33rd. Honestly, it would be a fair deal IMO. Odell is likely better then any player they would get at four and he is only 26 years old, so he should still be in his prime if they hit on the QB they take at one. 

39 minutes ago, game3525 said:

The Browns are going to have to give up that 4th pick for Odell if they truly want him. I think the Giants would seriously consider a deal that included the 4th and 33rd. Honestly, it would be a fair deal IMO. Odell is likely better then any player they would get at four and he is only 26 years old, so he should still be in his prime if they hit on the QB they take at one. 

4 and 33 would be extremely tempting for the Giants. I doubt anyone offers anything close to that though, including the Browns. 

Too many obstacles:  

1.  OBJ would never sign a long term deal with CLE right now.  It’s no coincidence Landry hasn’t made any overtures for a long term deal he wants to hit FA.  Prove the sad sack franchise days are over.  

2.  CLE won’t hand over a top 5 pick for a guy they can’t keep long term.   

3.  The Gmen will no doubt listen.   But they aren’t going to deal him at anything but am impact price.  

In a vacuum no one argues the value of an elite talent like OBJ.    But the valuation of draft picks and cap implications are why superstar deals are so rare.   Guys who have questionable cap value are definitely easier to trade.  

31 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Too many obstacles:  

1.  OBJ would never sign a long term deal with CLE right now.  It’s no coincidence Landry hasn’t made any overtures for a long term deal he wants to hit FA.  Prove the sad sack franchise days are over.  

2.  CLE won’t hand over a top 5 pick for a guy they can’t keep long term.   

3.  The Gmen will no doubt listen.   But they aren’t going to deal him at anything but am impact price.  

In a vacuum no one argues the value of an elite talent like OBJ.    But the valuation of draft picks and cap implications are why superstar deals are so rare.   Guys who have questionable cap value are definitely easier to trade.  

i dont know about that.  heard rumors round here that they're def talking.  also, landry has been super awesome so far for the city of cleveland.

If they lock up Landry who is a lesser player, they could feasibly have OBJ for 3 seasons with the tags even if he sign there. 
Not a great situation, but it'd be more than a one year rental for the Browns.

I could see the Niners going for him. Would be crazy to see what OBJ could be with a competent offense and scheme around him

Archived