2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

14 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

People when Austin goes spikes up in an old-school, dirty-by-today's-standards-and-rules slide: "That's just old fashioned baseball!"

Same people when the player is then thrown at: "That's not fair!!!!!"

Love Jim Buchanan. Love this team.

Tbf spiking is much less dangerous, nobody has ever died from being spiked and he could've got out of the way if he wasn't a ******* moron.

Thoughts on last nights game:

- David Price is extremely frustrating. It seems like every time it looks like he's turned a corner and starts to pitch like an ace, there's always something. Cora said it's not elbow/forearm related; looks like the Red Sox dodged a major bullet and it was just a bad blister or something.

-I don't care that the Yankees have Stanton and Judge in their lineup; Gary Sanchez will always be the most feared hitter on the Yankees from my perspective. That guy flat out knows how to mash a baseball.

-The rivalry is so back. #GoodForTheGame. Gained some respect for Joe Kelly last night, but also gained some respect for Judge. He could have KILLED Kelly last night when he was in the middle of that pile lol.

-I'm loving J.D. Martinez already. He should have had grandslams in consecutive games now.

-Didi is a hell of a shortstop. Super pesky hitter and outstanding defender. Seems like he's always robbing Mookie of base hits. I'm not sure where he ranks in the leagues best SS, but I'd take him on my team any day.

-Matt Barnes continues to be my least favorite Red Sox; what a buzzkill last night. No command, flat fastball. He's trash.

-Nice to see Brian Johnson pitch well after all the adversity he's faced in his short MLB career. It'd be nice to see him carve out himself a role on this team as a reliever.

-I just get the vibe that Chapman is a mental midget. Always seems to crumble in big games and never makes it easy. That would make me feel uneasy as a Yankees fan.

The Tribe have a winning record (7-5) with a team batting average right around .160. It's early, so I'm not worried about Lindor, Edwin, or Ramirez, as they'll come around.

I AM worried about Jason Kipnis, especially after last year.

I AM concerned about Yonder Alonso, as even though his power numbers were solid last year, they were an enigma in his career.

Regardless, this team needs at least 1 more big bat in their lineup.

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

-I just get the vibe that Chapman is a mental midget. Always seems to crumble in big games and never makes it easy. That would make me feel uneasy as a Yankees fan.

That's not what I'm concerned with. I'm Concerned concerned with his fastball. It's taken a heck of a dip. He is usually around 101 but I have yet to see him break 100 this year. He has been around 98 this year. When he struck out Mookie last night all of the pitches he threw were sliders. Aroldis isn't comfortable with his fastball and it's noticeably down when you watch him throw it

3 hours ago, playmaker8267 said:

People when Austin goes spikes up in an old-school, dirty-by-today's-standards-and-rules slide: "That's just old fashioned baseball!"

Same people when the player is then thrown at: "That's not fair!!!!!"

Love Jim Buchanan. Love this team.

Neither are right and you shouldn’t support the slide or throwing a baseball at someone. Legit makes no sense either way.

3 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Thoughts on last nights game:

- David Price is extremely frustrating. It seems like every time it looks like he's turned a corner and starts to pitch like an ace, there's always something. Cora said it's not elbow/forearm related; looks like the Red Sox dodged a major bullet and it was just a bad blister or something.

-I don't care that the Yankees have Stanton and Judge in their lineup; Gary Sanchez will always be the most feared hitter on the Yankees from my perspective. That guy flat out knows how to mash a baseball.

-The rivalry is so back. #GoodForTheGame. Gained some respect for Joe Kelly last night, but also gained some respect for Judge. He could have KILLED Kelly last night when he was in the middle of that pile lol.

-I'm loving J.D. Martinez already. He should have had grandslams in consecutive games now.

-Didi is a hell of a shortstop. Super pesky hitter and outstanding defender. Seems like he's always robbing Mookie of base hits. I'm not sure where he ranks in the leagues best SS, but I'd take him on my team any day.

-Matt Barnes continues to be my least favorite Red Sox; what a buzzkill last night. No command, flat fastball. He's trash.

-Nice to see Brian Johnson pitch well after all the adversity he's faced in his short MLB career. It'd be nice to see him carve out himself a role on this team as a reliever.

Agreed with all of your Yankees takes, although I wouldn’t say Gary>Judge but they are 1A, 1B.

Chapman is for sure a mental midget, throw in the DV stuff and he’s not likeable at all really.

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

That's not what I'm concerned with. I'm Concerned concerned with his fastball. It's taken a heck of a dip. He is usually around 101 but I have yet to see him break 100 this year. He has been around 98 this year. When he struck out Mookie last night all of the pitches he threw were sliders. Aroldis isn't comfortable with his fastball and it's noticeably down when you watch him throw it

Maybe I’m wrong but i think i remember him starting this way either last year or the year before and he came around. Not worrired about his velo 

43 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Maybe I’m wrong but i think i remember him starting this way either last year or the year before and he came around. Not worrired about his velo 

It was last year. Very similar velocities in April of 2017.  He blamed (probably rightly so) Joe Maddon for riding him hard and putting him away wet during September and October of 2016.  

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23134000/miami-marlins-outdrawn-double-affiliate-jacksonville-jumbo-shrimp-wednesday-games 

The Marlins drew 6,150 fans. The Jacksonville team brought in 6,960 for its home opener Wednesday night.

This needs to be discussed.  Marlins had their Double A team have a higher attendance than the major league club.  That is crazy.

Archived