Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 13

Sick to death of 34 defenses, lol. Please do go with a 4 man front... base and Nickel. 

New to the Washington forum here, so I stayed out of the voting, lol. (people can be very territorial)

I would have gone with Guice too. I can understand 13 as "rich" for Guice... but... considering the QB.. and the hope for a more balanced offense.. I am good with it. Giving Alex a very good RB is a smart idea. There's no other prospect I'd consider so wonderful that was passed over. Trading back would have been great, but not an option.

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If that’s the way the draft fell, my pick would be Josh Allen. 

I know it’s not a need but I think he’s worth the pick. 

Doubt it would happen but I wouldn’t be opposed to this either. Year to learn for Allen than flip Alex Smith for a 3rd and an awesome young corner......wait a minute.....

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Honestly, I'd really consider Josh Allen.

I would too. Probably the highest upside in the whole draft, available at #13? When we’re in a position to sit him for a couple years while we get him up to speed?

It’ll never happen. I’ll be stunned if he gets within 7 picks of #13. But if it did, it would be hard to pass on him. Especially in a scenario where none of the available options are particularly appealing to me. At the end of the day, though, I don’t think we need a gunslinger with a mega arm in order to put up big numbers in Gruden’s offense. So I’d pass.

It’s an obvious trade down spot. But if we can’t do that either, I think I’d take either Payne or Davenport. I guess I’ll vote for Davenport. Not a position of need, but could make some immediate impact on 3rd down and could potentially take over for Preston Smith next season.

I like Payne but I truly feel he is there in the 2nd round. Maybe not at our pick but close enough to trade up for him if need be.

Is Hankins good? Absolutely!!! He is still out there because of the money he's looking for the position he plays. Not saying it's fair, but it's true.

2 years ago darn near every mock had us taking Ashawn Robinson or Jarran Reed in the first, and both were taken lower than expected in the 2nd round. Some positions are just valued more than others.

Hurst weighs 273 pounds, not a fit for our 3-4. I'm with you guys on being better in a 4-3 but I haven't seen anything from them indicating a switch back. Again the experts say a good fit for the 4-3 at d tackle and that's not us right now. No need in trying to beat a circle in a square hole, draft what fits our scheme.

25 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I don't think you draft Guice at 13. He's not a premiere athlete like some of the other guys on the board still. Frankly from his interviews - I would not build my team around him - I worry about his maturity.

You don't build your team around a RB you pick at 13. He's a building block, not THE block. 

35 minutes ago, Eric said:

Hurst weighs 273 pounds, not a fit for our 3-4. I'm with you guys on being better in a 4-3 but I haven't seen anything from them indicating a switch back. Again the experts say a good fit for the 4-3 at d tackle and that's not us right now. No need in trying to beat a circle in a square hole, draft what fits our scheme.

Hurst is 291 pounds.

Three guesses who the below write-up is about, and the first two don't count:

WEAKNESSES

Marginal height and frame is nearly maxed out. Hands are more active than strong -- could play with more pop and power. Overpowered in the run game and ground up by double teams. Gets snared and controlled by bigger, longer blockers. Not a two-gap player. Has some tweener traits -- lacks ideal length and bend to play outside.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Rounds 4-5

BOTTOM LINE

Short, scrappy, instinctive, highly productive defensive lineman who does not look the part, but inspires confidence he can be an exception to the rule. Is the type you root for and has the quickness, athleticism and motor to earn a spot as a rotational three-technique in a fast-flowing 4-3 scheme.

Archived