The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

PFF currently has Vikings tackle trio as the best in the league..Ezra also has been quite good and Bradbury has been decent. Problem though is that Ingram has been quite poor in pass blocking. If Ingram can produce average level of play, this will be a top5 OLine easily.

24 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It will be interesting to see how the Bradbury contract talks play out. He's been our most improved player this season. The scheme seems to fit him well, and I'd love to keep the starting five together for the next 4-5 seasons.

I think the same deal that the Rams gave Brian Allen would be good for both sides. 

2 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

I think the biggest weakness on the team right now is slot CB, but you don't typically invest a 1st round pick in a slot CB.  So, what will most likely be our priority in the upcoming draft?

DL and WR gets my vote. A true 2 gap NT will make the whole unit better. Getting a WR to groom behind Thielen is also important. I could see another CB, too regardless of whether they play inside or outside. This OL is going to be fine for a while, though. FA depth would be welcome, but they've been weirdly lucky with injuries.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

I think the biggest weakness on the team right now is slot CB, but you don't typically invest a 1st round pick in a slot CB.  So, what will most likely be our priority in the upcoming draft?

The CB class is supposed to be pretty strong and right now, they only have picks in the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Kwesi trade out of the 1st round and still take a corner in the 2nd, because they need to add depth.  While I fully expect P2 to come back again, Sullivan and Boyd will be gone. 

They could get a guy like Clark Phillips III who probably will be relegated to the slot because of his size, but can also play outside.  He may fall to the 2nd because of his size and his inexperience in the slot (he has some, but not a lot), but he is pretty athletic.  On the Athletic, he has been compared to Trent McDuffie.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2