The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Can they play guard?

I've read some good things about the rookie, but anything is worth a shot. If Ed doesn't work out it is a gaping hole. It'll be hard for Mond or Mannion to get enough weight on their frame, but who can blame the team for trying given the situation at guard.

• 4 weeks later...

The Vikings O-Line, outside of 1 or 2 plays, looked outstanding yesterday. Other than the one sack allowed by Ingram, and another fast pressure up the middle, Cousins had a lot of time to survey the field and throw. I'm excited to see this unit gel and evolve as the season progresses. It might end up being a strength by the end of the year.

• Like 1

Just now, wcblack34 said:

The Vikings O-Line, outside of 1 or 2 plays, looked outstanding yesterday. Other than the one sack allowed by Ingram, and another fast pressure up the middle, Cousins had a lot of time to survey the field and throw. I'm excited to see this unit gel and evolve as the season progresses. It might end up being a strength by the end of the year.

And it's only taken 13 years to have a competent one again.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Remember when Davis had all the hype for moving a teammate in one on one practice drills, and folks were going nuts? Ed ain’t doing too bad for himself. 

Has be been flagged for holding at all? That might be the biggest improvement over last year. 

I expected to hear a lot more from Davis last game with how he been hyped up

20 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Has be been flagged for holding at all? That might be the biggest improvement over last year. 

I don't believe he has been. However, he has not been very good in pass protection yet. I think that will come in time. 

20 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Davis has been ordinary so far. But he's only 2 games into his career. Plenty of time for the switch to flip.