Around the NFL

Forge

11 hours ago, straighthate said:

This is what happens when you rest your starters in week 17. Both games. 

I typically always hate when teams do that, but KC playing Mahomes in week 17 was the one situation where I don't mind, since they did it not to protect Alex, but rather get a glimpse of what life would be like without him to see if they should move forward with the switch. I don't know who else they sat (if anyone), but that's the one scenario I wouldn't mind. Better that than losing out on potential trade return from Alex or being far more uncertain about Mahomes in 2018.

13 hours ago, straighthate said:

This is what happens when you rest your starters in week 17. Both games. 

Disagree. KC lost because losing Kelce totally changed how you defend them. And their defense ran out of gas last and couldnt get off the field on 3rd down. I dont see how them playing everyone in week 17 changes any of that. 

Rams lost because one guy simply couldnt stop fumbling the ball. Now if you want to use the week off as the reason for those fumbles, I guess you could....idk. I also thought McVay didn't run the ball enough. Gurley was killing them but he refused to use the running game as the catalyst of the offense. Both McVay and Shanny seem to fall in love with the pass in crucial moments which I think could be their downfall if they both dont smarten up. 

Both teams looked off to me. I watch a lot of KC, not as much LA. But Goff certainly did not look sharp. 

I also don’t expect much from Jax. Before this weekend I predicted LA, KC, and the Jags would be rusty (still thought KC would win).  But the Jags lost to us and then rested starters. You can’t just turn winning off and on in my opinion. Rams certainly struggled to, and let’s see about Jacksonville.

Btw, Tennessee may be the worst team ever to make it to the divisional round. They’re terrible. 

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What a block by Mariota. KC needs to make some changes this offseason. They just keep finding ways to lose these close playoff games. Reid's offenses just falter at the wrong time and they are far too talented to only have one playoff win during his run. 

I guess it will be Mahomes time in 2018. Smith to the Browns or Cardinals I think. 

I think it will be Denver. I doubt he's going to Cleveland but I wouldn't be shocked. Shame he never got it done 

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Disagree. KC lost because losing Kelce totally changed how you defend them. And their defense ran out of gas last and couldnt get off the field on 3rd down. I dont see how them playing everyone in week 17 changes any of that. 

Rams lost because one guy simply couldnt stop fumbling the ball. Now if you want to use the week off as the reason for those fumbles, I guess you could....idk. I also thought McVay didn't run the ball enough. Gurley was killing them but he refused to use the running game as the catalyst of the offense. Both McVay and Shanny seem to fall in love with the pass in crucial moments which I think could be their downfall if they both dont smarten up. 

amazing how much the game changed after Kelce went out - night and day

The drops in the second half in the KC game were just brutal.  Completely changed the momentum.  If I recall correctly, Alex was 19/23 with 231 yards at the half.  He ended with 264 yards.  It put the defense back in the game too often and they got gassed.  

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My goodness does Bortles suck. 

Alex Smith with the Jags would be dangerous. 

Agreed.  With their defense, they don't need a quarterback who airs it out all the time.  Just competent quarterback play with few turnovers and long steady drives.  Kind of like our 2011 team.  

Archived