Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Sam has already had to make nfl reads, while Baker throws to more nfl talent that is wide open.

So much... inaccurate... Non-factual... beljehusdfhf.

Baker lost a NFL WR last year too, has one truly above-average target (Andrews), and his OL was clearly not as good as hyped when you watch the Georgia game and look at how Brown has testedi n the off-season, which was very clear in watching him (behemoth, but slow as heck, eaten alive by the fastest edges).

Riley's offense CLEARLY helped Baker a lot. But in the end, you gotta hit the WR you have and not the one you wish you had. Look at Jimmy G at East Illinois. I watched him and said he hits everybody, has a good arm, and is super accurate. But people said, no, it's just because he's going against small school defenses. This year it's like it's flipped and doing it against the best defenses (Laugh, Oklahoma had the hardest opposing schedule out of them, UCLA, USC, Wyoming, and Louisville) is a negative because he also had, by a bit, the best coordinator and supporting cast.

2 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

If the organization and fans give him the patience he needs, we'll be good for a while. 

This is one of the many reasons I have Rosen/Mayfield as my top tier for us. A - We can't KNOW that guys will develop on a linear path. When was the last time a team took a QB for who they might, possibly, someday be and it actually worked out? B - This is NOT the organization to bank on coaching/FO stability to create success for a QB.

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So much... inaccurate... Non-factual... beljehusdfhf.

Baker lost a NFL WR last year too, has one truly above-average target (Andrews), and his OL was clearly not as good as hyped when you watch the Georgia game and look at how Brown has testedi n the off-season, which was very clear in watching him (behemoth, but slow as heck, eaten alive by the fastest edges).

Riley's offense CLEARLY helped Baker a lot. But in the end, you gotta hit the WR you have and not the one you wish you had. Look at Jimmy G at East Illinois. I watched him and said he hits everybody, has a good arm, and is super accurate. But people said, no, it's just because he's going against small school defenses. This year it's like it's flipped and doing it against the best defenses (Laugh, Oklahoma had the hardest opposing schedule out of them, UCLA, USC, Wyoming, and Louisville) is a negative because he also had, by a bit, the best coordinator and supporting cast.

This is one of the many reasons I have Rosen/Mayfield as my top tier for us. A - We can't KNOW that guys will develop on a linear path. When was the last time a team took a QB for who they might, possibly, someday be and it actually worked out? B - This is NOT the organization to bank on coaching/FO stability to create success for a QB.

I don’t doubt Baker is extremely accurate. I’d take him at 1, but he is 2nd to Sam in my books. 

Sam anticipates and feels the game better imo. He is accurate most of the time. 

Of what I have watched Sam looks like he is playing nf games more often. Baker looks like he is playing college. 

If we draft Baker so be it, I’ll root for him and hope he is playing well 8 and root for him.

if we draft Sam I’ll be rooting for him to play next year.

1. Sam Darnold, QB, USC

*Trade with Bills for both 1sts and a 2019 2nd*

1. Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA

1. Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

2. Brian O’neill, OT, Pittsburgh

2. Trenton Thompson, DT, Georgia 

2. Justin Reid, S, Stanford

4. Jaleel Scott, WR, New Mexico State 

5. Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech

6. Avonte Maddox, CB, Pittsburgh 

7. Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State

UDFA:

Heath Harding, CB, Miami (OH)

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don’t doubt Baker is extremely accurate. I’d take him at 1, but he is 2nd to Sam in my books. 

Sam anticipates and feels the game better imo. He is accurate most of the time. 

Of what I have watched Sam looks like he is playing nf games more often. Baker looks like he is playing college. 

If we draft Baker so be it, I’ll root for him and hope he is playing well 8 and root for him.

if we draft Sam I’ll be rooting for him to play next year.

Does rooting have the same context in NZ as it does in Australia? Just curious... :)

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

90% of the fan based turned against last year’s QB before he turned 22.

Let that wash over ya a bit folks.

But he was straight up garbage too. If Kizer ever becomes a long term starter for anyone I'll be shocked. 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

1. Sam Darnold, QB, USC

*Trade with Bills for both 1sts and a 2019 2nd*

1. Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA

1. Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

2. Brian O’neill, OT, Pittsburgh

2. Trenton Thompson, DT, Georgia 

2. Justin Reid, S, Stanford

4. Jaleel Scott, WR, New Mexico State 

5. Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech

6. Avonte Maddox, CB, Pittsburgh 

7. Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State

UDFA:

Heath Harding, CB, Miami (OH)

one of my big reasons for not trading and getting a lt all the tackles this year would carry a 2nd round grade next year

21 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

But he was straight up garbage too. If Kizer ever becomes a long term starter for anyone I'll be shocked. 

It was brought up multiple times during the season, but his numbers weren’t too far off Stafford who was also 21 and was throwing to Megatron.

Aikman, Bradshaw (ooof), etc., plenty of rookies don’t look great.

My only point is he’s dismissed after a year because fans have absurd expectations and zero patience.

Archived