Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

8 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I believe the thinking is that Denver wants a QB, so Buffalo will have to get ahead of them, which gives us the leverage.

I get what you are saying, but leverage doesnt mean bend over and give us everything.  

We do not hold as much leverage as you think we do.  

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Daniel Jeremiah on the Rich Eisen show saying he heard Buffalo trading to 5 rumblings but now he’s hearing Buffalo could end up trading to 4.

If the Browns trade out of #4 if Chubb in on the board and he becomes a 10+ sack guy - I will punch myself in the face, repeatedly, with a Gameboy Color

14 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I get what you are saying, but leverage doesnt mean bend over and give us everything.  

We do not hold as much leverage as you think we do.  

Don't we? Buffalo pretty clearly traded up to get within striking distance of being high enough to get their guy at QB. If the first 3 picks end and Buffalo's guy is still there at 4, I think they would do a hell of a lot to make to not only get in front of Denver, but also outbid teams like Denver and Arizona that are also in the market. We aren't asking for the Earth here. Normal draft trade would need require a ton of compensation but as we've seen, teams overpay for QB's. 12, 22 and next years 1st should definitely be realistic. I'm find with 12, 22 and a 2 as well. That's not obscene by any stretch.  It's all going to depend how the first 3 picks go and which guy Buffalo loves.

49 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Another smoking hot take.  Geesh.

The decision has been made who we're picking at #1?  Really?!?  Wow! This Klemko guy is connected!  And he calls them "observations" lol.  Man, I'm getting old and crusty.  I'd rather read the takes of everyone in here than listen to the 800th media guy trying to make a name for himself.

Image result for hot takes gif

That said, I kinda like a good rumor B|.   Throwing misdirection to the media now appears to be a job qualification for an NFL GM.  Dorsey seems to be good at it.

MKC literally just tweeted that it's down to Mayfield or Allen.  This is like a car wreck now.  I can't not look (or read).

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Those same people, when they discuss him alongside Josh Allen, Darnold is the safest pick and strongest overall QB but with not much upside.

So you're saying Darnold isn't "maxed out"?

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If the Browns trade out of #4 if Chubb in on the board and he becomes a 10+ sack guy - I will punch myself in the face, repeatedly, with a Gameboy Color

@freakygeniuskid, please pin this post for 2019.

14 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Another smoking hot take.  Geesh.

The decision has been made who we're picking at #1?  Really?!?  Wow! This Klemko guy is connected!  And he calls them "observations" lol.  Man, I'm getting old and crusty.  I'd rather read the takes of everyone in here than listen to the 800th media guy trying to make a name for himself.

Image result for hot takes gif

i also dont believe that take.  wolf, highsmith definitely have to know.  for sure.  

54 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I believe the thinking is that Denver wants a QB, so Buffalo will have to get ahead of them, which gives us the leverage.

Exactly! Bills won’t be the only team and the browns don’t have to disclose what other teams are offer. Brings get an offer that is too good to pass or they take Chubb or Barkley. It’s a win/win/win

1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

I still think they move up to 2 unless Giants actually want a QB

Rosen to Denver just makes too much sense

and Giants dropping down to 5 instead of 12 makes so much sense with Gettleman 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Don't worry about Chubb becoming a 10+ sack guy on a consistent basis. Not. Gonna. Do it.

Archived