Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

On 1/17/2024 at 10:42 AM, swede700 said:

If and when it happens, I'll certainly have a defense to such nonsense, but I try not to insult others (can't say the same about many other Vikings fans on the interwebs).  However, I have said over and over again, if I were a Packers fan, I'd actually be rather upset to only have 2 SB titles with back to back HOF QBs.  The fact that many Packers fans resort to nonsensically attacking Vikings' fans for their no titles instead of being upset at their own organization for only winning 2 in 30 yrs of HoF QBing kind of baffles me. 

But, yes, I do agree that it can be fun when it's done without vitriol. 

Super Bowls are hard to win, especially in the salary cap era with bloated QB contracts. Luck has also not been on our side during our peak windows.

2011-2014

Nick Collins, who was on track for a HOF career, had a career ending injury and our defense never recovered from his loss. An elite safety masks a lot of defensive deficiencies and ours was exposed after he went down 

JerMichael Finley was on his way to being a top TE before suffering a career ending injury the next year. 

BJ Raji randomly retires while still in his prime

2019-2021

Bakh blows out his knee days after signing a contract to make him the highest paid LT in the league. His loss is the main reason we lost to the Bucs in 2020 and Niners in 2021. That contract crippled us financially 

2021 playoffs we were missing entire left side of our dominant OL in Bakh and Jenkins who were both on IR. It was Myers, Z Smith and Jaire 1st games back from IR also.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Sometimes luck is on your side, often times if you're a Packers fan it's not. 

26 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Super Bowls are hard to win, especially in the salary cap era with bloated QB contracts. Luck has also not been on our side during our peak windows.

2011-2014

Nick Collins, who was on track for a HOF career, had a career ending injury and our defense never recovered from his loss. An elite safety masks a lot of defensive deficiencies and ours was exposed after he went down 

JerMichael Finley was on his way to being a top TE before suffering a career ending injury the next year. 

2019-2021

Bakh blows out his knee days after signing a contract to make him the highest paid LT in the league. His loss is the main reason we lost to the Bucs in 2020 and Niners in 2021. That contract crippled us financially 

2021 playoffs we were missing entire left side of our dominant OL in Bakh and Jenkins who were both on IR. It was Myers, Z Smith and Jaire 1st games back from IR also.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Sometimes luck is on your side, often times if you're a Packers fan it's not. 

A 30 year run of HOF QBs is very privileged. Bad luck is not what id call it. Maybe some misfortune along the way, sure. You want to talk about bad luck, let’s look at the Vikings. Actually, cursed is the better word. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

2011-2014

2019-2021

I certainly agree that SBs are hard to win...which is why the condescension by some of those to the east is frustrating.  Rather than feeling blessed to have had the success they have had, they choose to demean...but, of course, there's lots of that in life.  🤣

That's why I generally have disdain for fans of the green and gold and those with the stars on their helmets.  They treat it as if it's Entitled-town and of course, someone who declares themselves as America's Team cannot be respected.  😉

I really liked Jermichael Finley, it's unfortunate that he had suffered the injury he did.  And it's probably way before your time, but Sterling Sharpe used to kill the Vikings before he also suffered a neck injury that ended his career.  The Packers have certainly had some players I would have loved to have on the Vikings, but guys like Aaron Rodgers and a great number of their fanbase really have made that difficult to do. 

Football fans are ripping on Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur for some strange comments he made on kicker Anders Carlson.

During the Packers-San Francisco 49ers Divisional Round tilt, FOX sideline reporter Tom Rinaldi passed along a message from LaFleur on his rookie kicker. LaFleur simply stated, “When he goes out there, I just pray, guys.”

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/fans-rip-packers-coach-matt-lafleur-anders-carlson-comment/?fbclid=IwAR3t20xKbsrBlM5dNPaxsPGzf-pNXdbbqrkJl_5B3s1njHhKPrLrlO8l7tw

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Football fans are ripping on Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur for some strange comments he made on kicker Anders Carlson.

During the Packers-San Francisco 49ers Divisional Round tilt, FOX sideline reporter Tom Rinaldi passed along a message from LaFleur on his rookie kicker. LaFleur simply stated, “When he goes out there, I just pray, guys.”

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/fans-rip-packers-coach-matt-lafleur-anders-carlson-comment/?fbclid=IwAR3t20xKbsrBlM5dNPaxsPGzf-pNXdbbqrkJl_5B3s1njHhKPrLrlO8l7tw

So do I when Joseph lines up. 

On 1/22/2024 at 8:59 AM, swede700 said:

I certainly agree that SBs are hard to win...which is why the condescension by some of those to the east is frustrating.  Rather than feeling blessed to have had the success they have had, they choose to demean...but, of course, there's lots of that in life.  🤣

That's why I generally have disdain for fans of the green and gold and those with the stars on their helmets.  They treat it as if it's Entitled-town and of course, someone who declares themselves as America's Team cannot be respected.  😉

I really liked Jermichael Finley, it's unfortunate that he had suffered the injury he did.  And it's probably way before your time, but Sterling Sharpe used to kill the Vikings before he also suffered a neck injury that ended his career.  The Packers have certainly had some players I would have loved to have on the Vikings, but guys like Aaron Rodgers and a great number of their fanbase really have made that difficult to do. 

It always seems are division rivals hate us a lot more than we hate them. Most Packers fans nowadays hate the Niners and Seahawks more than any of our division opponents. Honestly wouldn't be upset seeing the Vikings or Lions win the Super Bowl. The Niners on the otherhand? I'd rather drink bleach. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

The Niners on the otherhand? I'd rather drink bleach. 

That's the way I feel about the Cowboys (and the Eagles)...used to be the Saints, but that's less so now without Payton there.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

I still don't understand the hype around Jordan Love. When I watched the game against the 49ers, I still noticed the same accuracy issues that he had leading up to the draft. His vision has improved quite a bit and the mobility is good.

He just plays within a great system and had the luck of multiple 49ers defenders falling down over the course of the game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GermanVike said:

I still don't understand the hype around Jordan Love. When I watched the game against the 49ers, I still noticed the same accuracy issues that he had leading up to the draft. His vision has improved quite a bit and the mobility is good.

He just plays within a great system and had the luck of multiple 49ers defenders falling down over the course of the game.

I think he's going to be a good Top 10-15 QB. But they're going to have to pay him $50MM a year to keep him. That's just the market. I don't think he's worth that price tag. It's the Dak Prescott/Kirk Cousins/Daniel Jones dilemma. When their contracts were up, the market dictated that they'd be the highest paid player at the position, even if they weren't the best players at their position. I'm ok with that, but it also means the Vikings need to identify their successor ASAP to capitalize on the cheap rookie window.

• Like 2