All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

Jack Swagger in LU as Jack Strong. lol

Was on the show for 10 mins. And it gave him a better look/build than in all his years with WWE.

And RIP Vader.

I recall as a little kid. Ric having a retirement match with him in Charlotte. Had Ric at his home, hugging his wife and kids when leaving for the arena and all. Anyone else remember that? or what that PPV was called?

16 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Major props to WWE for having Rusev win when they coulda had much easier options. Rusev has a ton of momentum and I hope he wins. Big showcase for him.

Big E vs DB was awesome as well. Very good show.

BigE DB was quality. Cept those instances where you could see BigE having to help DB apply a hold to him.

A friend told me. "I tried watchin, but the only gauntlet I was seeing was a gauntlet of commercials." Which I had to laugh and say, yeah. 2 hour show, went without ring action from 28 mins in, to 58 mins in. Entire half hour. Guess they figured they were making it up with the last match lasting 50 minutes, but half of that was commercials too.

Did not care for how they made Joe look. BigE just beat DB to pieces, and still lasted 15 mins of beatings from Joe? Then it took outside interference to put him away for the Miz? Hate childish Superman booking, even though WWE is the PG made for kids product of the wrestling world.

Keith Lee names Beyond Wrestling for opening the doors for him. Ya'll missing out if you never read up on this promotion. Pretty sure Gargano (MAYBE WRONG ON THIS ONE), Ciampa, Martin Stone, Oney Lorcan, Keith Lee, Donovan Dijak... off the top of my head have had their farewell indy matches for beyond. 

No seats. Crowd right up against the ring. It's p cool

20 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

BigE DB was quality. Cept those instances where you could see BigE having to help DB apply a hold to him.

A friend told me. "I tried watchin, but the only gauntlet I was seeing was a gauntlet of commercials." Which I had to laugh and say, yeah. 2 hour show, went without ring action from 28 mins in, to 58 mins in. Entire half hour. Guess they figured they were making it up with the last match lasting 50 minutes, but half of that was commercials too.

Did not care for how they made Joe look. BigE just beat DB to pieces, and still lasted 15 mins of beatings from Joe? Then it took outside interference to put him away for the Miz? Hate childish Superman booking, even though WWE is the PG made for kids product of the wrestling world.

I’ve said for awhile that they put commercials at the worst times. It should never be during a match.

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I’ve said for awhile that they put commercials at the worst times. It should never be during a match.

During the Gauntlet. I could see having 2 min breaks between entrants. Then coming to the end, should announce like they do at the Tour De France and such, "We are taking our last break, and will follow this to the end."

I wonder if the poor ratings have anything to do with the onslaught. I know for the NFL last year, the numbers were down. So were having to give free ad play cause they didnt reach a certain number promised. Im sure with these new contracts its in there, Fox even has right to cancel at any time if they arnt bringing in the numbers and revenue.

6 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

damn, sami is going to be out for a good 6-8 months. here's to hoping they'll have something in his return cause he's been, imo, the best part of wwe programming since his heel turn 

Only thing is is that they likely bring him back as a babyface because the reaction he’s going to get on Return is going to be very strong. I hope I’m wrong and they keep him heel because he has been fantastic as a heel. 

9 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Only thing is is that they likely bring him back as a babyface because the reaction he’s going to get on Return is going to be very strong. I hope I’m wrong and they keep him heel because he has been fantastic as a heel. 

Maybe.  If he can make it back in time to return in the Rumble, he could presumably go back to being a heel because he'd burn the "Welcome back!" pop when his music hits in the RR.

19 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

During the Gauntlet. I could see having 2 min breaks between entrants. Then coming to the end, should announce like they do at the Tour De France and such, "We are taking our last break, and will follow this to the end."

I wonder if the poor ratings have anything to do with the onslaught. I know for the NFL last year, the numbers were down. So were having to give free ad play cause they didnt reach a certain number promised. Im sure with these new contracts its in there, Fox even has right to cancel at any time if they arnt bringing in the numbers and revenue.

I don't anticipate FOX having a "cancel at any time" so much as a "reserves the right to move from standard network FOX to FS1 at any time with sufficient cause."  Vince wouldn't enter into a deal that left him vulnerable to not having a TV contract at any given time.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I don't anticipate FOX having a "cancel at any time" so much as a "reserves the right to move from standard network FOX to FS1 at any time with sufficient cause."  Vince wouldn't enter into a deal that left him vulnerable to not having a TV contract at any given time.

No way fox would cancel. It’s going to create money for them, just have no idea how much.  Fox wouldn’t be that dumb to not do the research to know having a show like WWE and know the revenue it will create. Specially if they keep Smackdown on Tuesday. It gives them a well established show for a time slot that is already hard enough to fill. It’s also a show that can span different age groups. Where a TV series has to target a certain audience. Also they know they don’t have to worry about seasonal series either. They can lock up that time slip for the next 52 weeks. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

No way fox would cancel. It’s going to create money for them, just have no idea how much.  Fox wouldn’t be that dumb to not do the research to know having a show like WWE and know the revenue it will create. Specially if they keep Smackdown on Tuesday. It gives them a well established show for a time slot that is already hard enough to fill. It’s also a show that can span different age groups. Where a TV series has to target a certain audience. Also they know they don’t have to worry about seasonal series either. They can lock up that time slip for the next 52 weeks. 

Not to mention that Fox is going all-in on live sports as their primary flavor.  The interesting thing to see will be if they try to negotiate moving the Smackdown broadcast night to different days depending on the season.  Given the demographics that pro wrestling usually does well with, I can imagine them not having an issue doing Tuesday night most seasons, but they could try for Friday nights in certain seasons, too.  I think the main concern will be trying to avoid having to preempt a live WWE broadcast because of another live sport they've got a contract for like the World Series or baseball playoffs.

31 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You listen to the Jericho vs Bischoff TIJ pod?

yup! i'm on a nitro kick now. i had forgotten all about ralphus. i chuckled when he talked about being big league'd by ralphus when he reached out. 

honestly, i can't get enough of wcw behind the scene stories. the whole damn thing is so intriguing. i realize it's also well documented that jericho did whatever he wanted once he turned heel but every time i hear him talk about it, i love him a little bit more

i probably should check out the bischoff version now 

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Not to mention that Fox is going all-in on live sports as their primary flavor.  The interesting thing to see will be if they try to negotiate moving the Smackdown broadcast night to different days depending on the season.  Given the demographics that pro wrestling usually does well with, I can imagine them not having an issue doing Tuesday night most seasons, but they could try for Friday nights in certain seasons, too.  I think the main concern will be trying to avoid having to preempt a live WWE broadcast because of another live sport they've got a contract for like the World Series or baseball playoffs.

I think it be a bad idea to change up time slots depending on the season. Doing so I think you would lose viewers. I also don’t think big live sporting events would hurt all that much. It use to be about competing for the viewers but now they would share them. 

I would love to be able to watch WWE Smackdown on my fox go app

Archived