All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

40 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

need to strip his title, put the title on rollins already

It’s been over a year Brock has had the belt. Nobody cares about him anymore and they’re not gonna get that huge payoff with Reigns that they wanted. Move on.

I want to see Reigns screw Rollins out of the title and become champion. Either have a fatal 4-way style match with Lesnar in it or without--aka, stripping him if this isn't kayfabe (I think it is). Reigns pulls the Stone Cold Steve Austin-The Rock Wrestlemania heel turn and beats the blood hell out of Rollins en route to the title. Incredible heat on Reigns, rivalry of the decade (Reigns vs. Rollins) can take place.

I'd then have Reigns align himself with Stephanie and Corbin and work out a way to have Rollins sent to Smackdown. The two could feud back and forth at pay per views beyond closed doors for months while still continuing other programs. Rollins wins the Royal Rumble. Rollins vs. Reigns at Wrestlemania. Miz vs. Bryan for the SD title at Wrestlemania. I think this would give us the two best individual brand title matches in WM history.

This allows you to make Reigns the long-term champ and gives you a sympathetic super over face to chase him. I think Reigns would become popular with the same people that boo him if he were booked as a badass heel. Reigns is actually really good. People just hate his character. Reigns is great in the ring and seems to have gotten over his horrible promos. He's not great on the stick, but he's infinitely better than he used to be. If he's allowed to be a heel and embrace the hatred from the fans (which he can't do as a face), he'd have much better promos methinks.

14 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I want to see Reigns screw Rollins out of the title and become champion. Either have a fatal 4-way style match with Lesnar in it or without--aka, stripping him if this isn't kayfabe (I think it is). Reigns pulls the Stone Cold Steve Austin-The Rock Wrestlemania heel turn and beats the blood hell out of Rollins en route to the title. Incredible heat on Reigns, rivalry of the decade (Reigns vs. Rollins) can take place.

I'd then have Reigns align himself with Stephanie and Corbin and work out a way to have Rollins sent to Smackdown. The two could feud back and forth at pay per views beyond closed doors for months while still continuing other programs. Rollins wins the Royal Rumble. Rollins vs. Reigns at Wrestlemania. Miz vs. Bryan for the SD title at Wrestlemania. I think this would give us the two best individual brand title matches in WM history.

This allows you to make Reigns the long-term champ and gives you a sympathetic super over face to chase him. I think Reigns would become popular with the same people that boo him if he were booked as a badass heel. Reigns is actually really good. People just hate his character. Reigns is great in the ring and seems to have gotten over his horrible promos. He's not great on the stick, but he's infinitely better than he used to be. If he's allowed to be a heel and embrace the hatred from the fans (which he can't do as a face), he'd have much better promos methinks.

That sounds all well and good, but I just don't see Vince turning Reigns heel. I think almost everyone is in agreement that Reigns should turn heel, and that way he could likely eventually get over as a face. They've had numerous opportunities to turn him heel but they haven't. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect it to happen.

Glad I was wise enough this week to record both shows. I was zippidy zipping through like mad cause of all the garbage. Raw I flat out shut down, and became through with watching completely as soon as Roman was having a second match. People DARE say hes not crammed down the audience throats?  And holiday show for SD, No Mandy Rose?  She is only on every other week. Mandys the most complete talent they have, yet stuck on the back burner. Okada faced the same thing in TNA. People too stupid to know what they had, or how to use it properly.

What was it? 3 weeks of Roman facing Revival? Done with Raw for a long time. And hope Brock keeps the title for another year, without showing up once.

6 hours ago, tom cody said:

Roman/Revival is a bit overdone. That's another issue with the WWE; They do something three or 4 times when they should only do it once. Repeating everything really hurts the product. 

The brand split was a terrible idea IMO. Things get stale so quickly. When I first thought of the brand split, all I had was flashbacks of Edge vs. Batista vs. Undertaker over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. They need to cut down on the amount of guys they have in the company, trim the fat, and rebuild the rosters as one cohesive unit. The brand split seems like a great way to get everyone TV time, but fans don't care about these B-C-D level storylines. Getting people on TV isn't the goal here. The goal should be to eliminate stale rivalries and make the product exciting. I'm not sure what I have to be excited about in the WWE right now other than NXT. And I'm usually pretty optimistic about the product.

The writing for the WWE sucks, but it really is a very hard job. They could 100% be better, but the simple fact is that there aren't many fresh rivalries sitting there for the taking when the brands are split like this. Also, they repeatedly miss out on the "strike while the iron is hot" mantra. So many of their superstars are over but then due to hilariously poor booking, those guys are forgotten. Look at Ziggler. He could be a legitimate superstar if he had been booked correctly. Instead he has been essentially wasted for the last 3-4 years. Go with the hot hand always, IMO. If their push falls flat, just move on. But assuming these guys aren't ready to be the face of the company is what kills them. This was the reason CM Punk was basically a mid-carder for the first 4-5 years of his WWE career. What sells people on the WWE is the crazy crowd reactions. You aren't going to get those by pushing people that aren't over. You need outsiders to see things like the Daniel Bryan "YES!" chants to make them fans. Capitalize on the "over" guys and continue to build up the product around the guys people want to see. I don't understand how they fail to make this work over and over again. Sad, really.

I'm gonna continue to watch with the hopes that it gets better, but honestly I DVR both Raw and SD and end up scanning through it for interesting stuff. I probably watch 30 minutes worth of WWE programming a week when they put out 5 hours of Raw/SD. Please just get the brands back together and flood the TV with entertainment.

Caught LU with a friend thats never followed wrestling. He was actually entertained by it. And loved the sound effects of chops and boots.

Was a good show tonight. The stories are  unique. Havent seen all that many different wrestlers this season yet. Maybe 10 total not counting the Rumble opening night. But loving it all the same.

To me, the brand extension can work and will work but with everyone having a purpose. Make Heath Slater as important as Roman Reigns. Give people more reason to tune in as they are giving them reason to tune out. 

Archived