All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Why is Corbin wearing a suit in a match? Dumb as hell.

He's the new Corporate Kane.  Literally... shaved head, wrestling in business attire.  It's all there.

Also, can Coachman make up his damn mind if he's a face or a heel commentator, because he literally jumps from one extreme to the other on a whim and it just makes him come off like a d-bag.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

See if I get this strait.. Theres no title match at Extreme Rules because they are having a multi man match to decide who faces Brock at an even later date?

Of course! They can’t spoil us with another Lesnar match! They need to keep it ‘special’

The Corbin storyline is annoying as hell. Basically he tattles on Kurt to Stephanie ???

45 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Of course! They can’t spoil us with another Lesnar match! They need to keep it ‘special’

The Corbin storyline is annoying as hell. Basically he tattles on Kurt to Stephanie ???

I saw this morning its miz vs DB vs joe vs big e vs rusev tonight to determine who will face Styles at extreme rules. 

9 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I saw this morning its miz vs DB vs joe vs big e vs rusev tonight to determine who will face Styles at extreme rules. 

Should be a good match. Aside from Big E, I’d be fine with anyone winning.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Should be a good match. Aside from Big E, I’d be fine with anyone winning.

I'm interested in that match, I'm going to have to check it out later since I'm busy when it'll be airing, but thankfully, YoutubeTV makes it easy to DVR everything (all Vikings games, Smackdown, Raw, Liverpool matches, and World Cup).

I'd be fine with Big E winning it though. I still want to see a Big E singles push and Xavier/Kofi tag run, give them a couple of different title feuds/chases at the same time, it could be done interestingly.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I'm interested in that match, I'm going to have to check it out later since I'm busy when it'll be airing, but thankfully, YoutubeTV makes it easy to DVR everything (all Vikings games, Smackdown, Raw, Liverpool matches, and World Cup).

I'd be fine with Big E winning it though. I still want to see a Big E singles push and Xavier/Kofi tag run, give them a couple of different title feuds/chases at the same time, it could be done interestingly.

I’m a Big E fan as well, I would like he and New Day to switch it up some. I can’t buy 100% comedy wrestlers to go for major titles. They also need to be serious too when the time calls.

G1 schedule released. I can’t list all the fantastic matches but here’s the ones I can’t wait to see.

July 14

Suzuki vs Tanahashi 

Jay White vs Okada

July 15

Kota Ibushi vs Zach Sabre Jr

Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito

July 20

Okada vs Hangman Page

July 26

Sanada vs Ibushi 

July 28

Sanada vs Omega

July 30

Elgin vs Okada

August 1

Omega vs Zach Sabre Jr

August 2

Bad Luck Fale vs Michael Elgin

Okada vs Suzuki (thank god this is happening again)

August 4

Naito vs Ibushi

August 5

Okada vs Evil

Hangman vs Suzuki

August 10

Tanahashi vs Okada!!

Jay White vs Evil

August 11

Ibushi vs Omega!

Naito vs Zach Sabre Jr

Some of  the many I can’t wait to see!

On 6/16/2018 at 10:51 PM, pollino14 said:

I really think it was over produced, which imo was a problem this show. My favorite match was the tag match. 

Ricochet vs Dream was good, and I get the story but it just didn’t flow and I get the story but it just felt like a spot fest. 

Women’s match was good until she smiled right before going out.

Black vs Sullivan was awesome, great match. Both have bright futures. 

Chiampa and Gargano was just too much. There were too many weapons and gimmicks that it took away from the ‘hatred’ of the two. Don’t think the ending did anything for either. It was a good hardcore match, but for a rivalry of that magnitude it didn’t need to be so gimmicky.

tag match was definitely the best but is it any surprise that oney lorcan kills it his first actual opportunity? 

but ya'll need to stop badmouthing gargano and ciampa cause it's all gold 

That surprises me some. Big Cass seemed to be doing decently as a heel and he wasn't bad on the microphone. I wonder if there was something going on behind the scenes with him because they could have used a larger wrestler on Smackdown still.

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Sounds like he wanted to be released. "Come to terms" instead of the usual "Luck in future endeavors"

And just cause Ive never been first to do it... "Whats Izzo and Big Crass doing in the Impact Zone?!"..

This.  Honestly, this reads to me like he was led to believe that he was in line for a major push coming off his injury (which may or may not have been him carrying over being told he was going to get a major singles push pre-injury... and then other guys stepped into that spot while he was out injured) and then when it didn't materialize, he asked for his release.

I could see him interpreting being put in a feud with Daniel Bryan (and where he was going to be matching up against Samoa Joe in a TV main event prior/during that) as being an indicator that he was going to be elevated to main event (or thereabouts) level and then he was informed that after Bryan went over at MITB, they didn't know what they had next for him and he was going to be used similarly to how Smackdown was previously using Corbin (can't deny that he'd basically been given the same "I'm a big guy, picking on little guys"/bully gimmick as Corbin had).

Ultimately, it's probably for the best in the long run.  (At some point, because g'damn it's been almost two months since the draft) Sanity is coming up which means Killian Dain is coming up to be the new "big man that catches Vince's eye."  Joe has stepped into the (well-deserved) spotlight and is a vastly superior heel to Cass in every aspect.  Rusev Day is over as hell, but I don't see Vince consenting to booking him as an out-and-out babyface anytime soon (the "acts heel, gets cheered by the crowd" type heel is probably how he's going to stay booked for a while), and I'd sooner see Rusev pushed than Cass.  Andrade (particularly given the heater that he has in Vega) is a better heel at this point than Cass is - and can work on a higher level with more people across the board than Cass can.  Sheamus and Cesaro are still heels - and, for all we know, could be repackaged as singles guys again soon (they've been off TV for a while, last I'd checked).  So what on the upper-mid-card was there really for Cass?  There's next to no interest in an AJ/Cass feud.  Nor a Hardy/Cass feud (Jeff can carry some guys, but at his age he doesn't really carry big men well anymore and especially if it came on the heels of DB getting one of Cass' best matches ever out of him, that's not really a good look).  The most sensible feud for him wouldn't happen because of the aforementioned "Vince ain't gonna turn Rusev babyface" bit.  So if Cass wasn't willing to spend the summer torching enhancement talent to be built up as a legitimate big man, peace out.

Archived