NFL Draft Day thread (picks are game upon television announcement)

Forge

Just now, cddolphin said:

Meh, life of a public figure. Good chance to grow some thick skin. It's easy to brush off, "I was a dumb kid being edgy. My teammates know that's not me." Done deal.

I mean, asking the question ONCE during an interview is suffice.  IF they're just going to reword the same damn question that's over the line.  He made a mistake, he owned up to it, and let's move on.

Just now, DistantRam said:

As a Rams fan, I only have one thing to say: goodnight. 

Nah.  Like I said in the other thread, I'm here for the mayhem!  Let's go nuclear on tonight with the reaches and push that value way the hell down the board.

27 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He’s linked Darnold then deleted the tweet yesterday.   Then today linked Mayfield.  Now admits he has no idea lol.  

To be fair, it's from the same source (I texted and checked with him and yes, I have Ben's number - I'll own my bias right out in the open, I'm probably going to his wedding depending on when they set the date for) that had been telling him for the past month-plus that it was Darnold.  He trusts the source, but he also said in the text that he thinks that source may have been "Hue-adjacent."

I do kind of hate when parents try to upstage their kid in the dress-up game on what's - to that point - probably the biggest night of their kid's life.  Like, I get it, they likely weren't getting there without you, but you're also sitting on your couch watching this on TV if it's not for them (the kid).  Let the night be about them.  Nothing quite so bad as the one uncle last year who came dressed like Bishop Magic Don Juan - I forget whose uncle he was... which is kind of my point because it's the uncle I remember, not the guy actually being drafted.

Just now, Leader said:

You good with that CW?

As usual, depends on the price.  I don't LOVE the idea of moving up, but I do like the being aggressive and going after the guy you want.  Kid is a film junky from what I've read, and he's a playmaker not necessarily in the sense that he's going to create a bunch of turnovers.

Archived