Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

tell me coming into thurday we're gonna walk away with 

1st Rounder next year from NO
Jaire Alexander
Josh Jackson
Fun Hybrid Linebacker Athlete
Equanimeous St. Brown
J'Mon Moore
Raw Monster Athlete Receiver
Guard Prospect Who Looks Good
Punter Competition

and I'd be pretty ******* pleased tbh 

The Packers actively been trying to get bigger and faster at WR without much success, interesting to see we're still doing it under Gute.

Started with Dorsey/Johnson, again with Janis, then Davis, Yancey and Dupre. Not forgetting Clark and Allison as UDFAs.

Not sure why we don't want to go back to drafting ~6ft shifty WRs that Rodgers had so much success with such as Driver/Jones/Adams/Cobb.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

By the rules, they always give away exactly 32 comp picks, it's just that sometimes FA classes are such that you get big clumps of them in the same round.

You're getting tagged any time I need to know a rule from now on lol

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

By the rules, they always give away exactly 32 comp picks, it's just that sometimes FA classes are such that you get big clumps of them in the same round.

I figured the PA wouldn't allow too many.  I didn't realize it was always the same, though. 

207. Green Bay Packers: Equanimeous St. Brown, Wide Receiver, Notre Dame

Strengths: Size, athleticism. Weaknesses: Route running, polish.

“Equanimous” means calm, reasoned and self-composed. “Equanimeous” must be an accepted alternate spelling, because my word processor was cool with it. Or maybe Microsoft Word is a big Fighting Irish fan. Anyway, St. Brown has the kind of size and athleticism to make scouts lose their equanimity, but the tape shows a so-so route-runner who can’t break the press the way a receiver of his size should. St. Brown looked great in combine pass-catching drills, and a 6’5” guy with 4.48 speed, quickness and snatchy hands is worth a calm, reasonable long look as a potential Demaryius Thomas in training. Look for St. Brown to outperform at least one of the receivers the Packers drafted ahead of him. Grade: Excellent.

7 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

tell me coming into thurday we're gonna walk away with 

1st Rounder next year from NO
Jaire Alexander
Josh Jackson
Fun Hybrid Linebacker Athlete
Equanimeous St. Brown
J'Mon Moore
Raw Monster Athlete Receiver
Guard Prospect Who Looks Good
Punter Competition

and I'd be pretty ******* pleased tbh 

I wouldn't be pissed at all if they gambled on Holton Hill or Kevin Toliver in the 7th either. Keep drafting toolsy guys and trying to hit home runs. Save the "safe" guys for UDFA.

Archived