2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Could he be the next Harrison Smith with some development? It’s possible IMO. A future starting safety combination in 3 or 4 years of Nicholson and Apke looks very, very enticing.

Stop.  Just b/c he's white doesn't mean he's Harrison Smith.  They don't even have the same skill-set.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Fredericksburg kid drafted to the Broncos. Good for him. Love the Fredericksburg area.

DaeSean Hamilton? That was someone others were talking for the Redskins at 109.

And New England just traded out of 4th, so they got a 3rd next year. They are masters at manipulating the draft. Incredible.

The thing about Apke is that he’s a converted WR. His measurables are off the charts. He’s a project. The thought process here is that he is only going to get better. Obviously running a 4.3 and a 41 inch vertical is a great start for a Free Safety. Sounds like this guys future is brighter than his past. 4th round is a great spot for developmental players who aren’t going to be forced into big snap counts. I can live with this pick.

Just now, Woz said:

DaeSean Hamilton? That was someone others were talking for the Redskins at 109.

And New England just traded out of 4th, so they got a 3rd next year. They are masters at manipulating the draft. Incredible.

Yea. Went to PSU, but from Fredericksburg VA. Said Hand is from Woodbridge VA.

VA schools let SO much talent escape. UVA really needs to dumb down their class load to SEC levels, theyd be in the playoffs yearly with all this talent escaping.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yea. Went to PSU, but from Fredericksburg VA. Said Hand is from Woodbridge VA.

VA schools let SO much talent escape. UVA really needs to dumb down their class load to SEC levels, theyd be in the playoffs yearly with all this talent escaping.

I went to the same high school Hand did, Woodbridge. Not at the same time as he’s obviously much younger than me but he’s by far the best player to ever come out of there. I’d love for him to be a Redskin. 

2 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

The thing about Apke is that he’s a converted WR. His measurables are off the charts. He’s a project. The thought process here is that he is only going to get better. Obviously running a 4.3 and a 41 inch vertical is a great start for a Free Safety. Sounds like this guys future is brighter than his past. 4th round is a great spot for developmental players who aren’t going to be forced into big snap counts. I can live with this pick.

I agree. Going to build a house, you need a sturdy foundation. And this kids got an amazing foundation to see if you cant build something nice off of.

I see 1 year starter as a good thing. He hasnt been so pounded with the college way that its hard to adjust to what they want to instill in you with pro coaching.

9 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Only bums play in the NFLPA game. He was a pig among guinea pigs

I mean...for the most part, that’s true. 

But they aren’t ALL bums. Here are some guys who’ve played in that game since they started it a few years ago:

Tarik Cohen
Avery Williamson
Albert Wilson
Shaquill Griffin
Matt Paradis
Mike Hilton
Chris Conley
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Bonus: Deshazor Everett, Tyler Catalina, Robert Davis

I hope Apke can develop into aHarrison Smith type safety with a few years of development, that would be amazing if he can. He certainly has the physical gifts to do it, he just needs development at the safety position which Torian Gray has been good at so far.

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Isn't going to happen. UVA is what UVA is. Same with VT.

Archived