Bold Predictions Thread

SteelKing728

17 hours ago, Bobikus said:

Brown becomes first WR to win MVP.

I’m all for bold but that is almost impossible. I say almost impossible simply because it is possible in theory but to this point, it has been impossible. A wide receiver has never won the MVP award. Since the AP started awarding the MVP award in 1957, only 3 times has a non RB or QB won the award. 

On 5/11/2018 at 2:05 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

RG3 leads to Ravens to the playoffs where they play Indy in the Wildcard Round.

Luck and Griffin dual back n forth going throw for throw where the Colts have a 2 point lead with 30 seconds left. RG3 at the Colts 44 needs a few more yards to get Tucker in FG Range since they're indoors. RG3 breaks the pocket and gains 10 to set up Tucker and then BOOM lights go out in Indy. A camera in the visiting tunnel sees Tucker laid out with officials over him checking to see what happened. Ozzie Newsome then calls down to Harbaugh that he's sending in reinforcements, all of a sudden you hear Chris Collinsworth yell "Bye Gawd Al that's Billy Cundiff" as he comes running out of the tunnel to a chorus of cheers from Colts fans. Cundiff lines up for the 51 yarder and he shanks the kick and we go live to Ray Lewis telling all the distraught Ravens players that "This is only a set back in our journey to reach greater prosperity and unlimited holy conviction because GOD!!!! said we shall rise and GOD!!!!! said we shall overcome, or was that MLK?"

>implying Andrew Luck will be allowed to hold a football come January 2019

On 5/13/2018 at 7:39 AM, Pugger said:

Rodgers is only annoying to you because he plays for a divisional rival.  ;)

He would pull it off even if he didn't play for a divisional rival. You know him, always overcoming odds and all. ;)

On 5/13/2018 at 8:23 PM, Ketchup said:

I’m all for bold but that is almost impossible. I say almost impossible simply because it is possible in theory but to this point, it has been impossible. A wide receiver has never won the MVP award. Since the AP started awarding the MVP award in 1957, only 3 times has a non RB or QB won the award. 

Agree. If Antonio Brown has an amazing year filled with TD's and eye-popping yardage, chances are the Steelers are rolling and Roethlisberger's stats are just as eye-popping. Plus he's a QB. So if Brown has an insane year, it'll be more likely that Ben would win the award considering Brown's production is also Ben's.

Browns make the playoffs at 8-8

Vikings get worse QB play during the regular season than they had last year

Gurley finishes the season outside the top 5 in fantasy scoring for running backs

Bucs win the NFC South

Falcons miss the playoffs

Patriots do NOT make the AFCCG

Last place team in the NFC South will only be one game worse than the division winner

Chiefs miss the playoffs

Titans finish last in the AFC South

Rams offense takes a step back but finish with a better record overall than last year

Rosen plays in week 2

Cowboys have a losing record

Packers miss the playoffs

Allen Robinson and Doug Baldwin both score 10 or more TDs. 

Jerrick Mckinnon rushes for over 1000 yards

Jimmy G solidifies himself as a top 8 QB

Deion Jones cements himself as a top 3 ILB. 

The Packers will have a top twelve defense - Even if they hadn't added anyone, I would think the Packers would have a much better defense just because they replaced Dom Capers with Mike Pettine.  But then they added Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson and Muhammad Wilkerson. 

The Giants are going to be picking in the top five next year.  I really like the coaching changes the Giants made (aside from Mike Shula) and with the exception of B.J. Hill (and that selection I only dislike in hindsight, because of who they drafted later), I really liked their draft.  But looking at their team, they're still painfully thin almost everywhere on a team that is perpetually injury prone. 

Hue Jackson's fate is in his hands.  Even if Baker Mayfield never sees the field, the Browns are a talented enough team to win eight games.  They're not going to though, because of Hue Jackson. 

The Jets are going to ruin Sam Darnold.  I didn't like the Jets trade up to #3 and selection of Sam Darnold, but only because I think they as an organization are nigh incapable of developing a quarterback.  I don't know how it will happen.  Maybe Bridgewater never returns and McCown is out for the year by game four and they throw in Darnold before he's ready and he never develops.  Maybe the Jets backup outside linebacker decides he doesn't like Darnold's goofy face and breaks his jaw.  But SOMEHOW, this will fail.  Because Jets.

At the end of the year, the Buccaneers fire their head coach.  They're way too talented to not make the playoffs and I don't think they're going to make the playoffs. 

San Francisco shocks everyone and wins the NFC West.  Going into the draft, I was sure they were going to draft a linebacker.  Reuben Foster was never going to play again and they needed linebacker help fire and foremost.  Well, it turns out they didn't draft a linebacker, which is fine because Reuben Foster is apparently completely free and clear. 

At some point, I will see the Jaguars play football for the very first time. 

Deshaun Watson will not play sixteen regular season games this year.  I really like the Texans' WR's, but the question must be raised. Is there a less talented offensive line in the NFL than the Houston Texans?  The AFC South: Where young promising quarterbacks go to die.

One for each division 

- Josh Allen has worse rookie season than Kizer

- Luck plays 16 games

- Baker starts 10+ games

- Chargers stay healthy win AFCW

- Redskins get #1 pick in 2019 draft

- Carolina misses playoffs

- Bears finish 2nd in NFCN; get 1st WC

- 49ers win NFCW

Archived