Bold Predictions Thread

SteelKing728

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

RG3 leads to Ravens to the playoffs where they play Indy in the Wildcard Round.

Luck and Griffin dual back n forth going throw for throw where the Colts have a 2 point lead with 30 seconds left. RG3 at the Colts 44 needs a few more yards to get Tucker in FG Range since they're indoors. RG3 breaks the pocket and gains 10 to set up Tucker and then BOOM lights go out in Indy. A camera in the visiting tunnel sees Tucker laid out with officials over him checking to see what happened. Ozzie Newsome then calls down to Harbaugh that he's sending in reinforcements, all of a sudden you hear Chris Collinsworth yell "Bye Gawd Al that's Billy Cundiff" as he comes running out of the tunnel to a chorus of cheers from Colts fans. Cundiff lines up for the 51 yarder and he shanks the kick and we go live to Ray Lewis telling all the distraught Ravens players that "This is only a set back in our journey to reach greater prosperity and unlimited holy conviction because GOD!!!! said we shall rise and GOD!!!!! said we shall overcome, or was that MLK?"

without looking I would've assumed this was a @bzane post lol

--Injury bug and inconsistent play hounds the Steelers. They end up with the same record as the Browns, 10-6, but the Browns have the tiebreaker and win the division. (Bengals and Ravens are both sub .500 teams.)

--Staying with the AFC North, Nick Chubb wins OROY.

--A.J. McCarron plays well for the Bills, holds the job all year, and makes people wonder what the trade for Allen was all about.

--Brady has a season ending injury. This time, the Patriots can't withstand it, and the playoff streak is over.

--The Packers are the #1 seed in the NFC.

--Marcus Davenport is DROY.

--On a related note, the Saints will face the Jaguars in the Super Bowl. 

--Eli Manning has an "injury" late in the season, finishes it on the bench, then retires. Team does all right throughout the season in spite of Manning's sporadic play.

Jimmy Garoppolo will disappoint; he looked good with a restricted offense, but the unit will actually be worse with Shanahan calling plays at full throttle. Think about how the 49ers would get nothing going on offense pre-Jimmy until they started running the hurry up. The tinkering with the offensive line will actually make it worse, and the running game will be non-existent. The 49ers will be picking Top 10 again next year.

56 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Jimmy Garoppolo will disappoint; he looked good with a restricted offense, but the unit will actually be worse with Shanahan calling plays at full throttle. Think about how the 49ers would get nothing going on offense pre-Jimmy until they started running the hurry up. The tinkering with the offensive line will actually make it worse, and the running game will be non-existent. The 49ers will be picking Top 10 again next year.

Problem is, I don't think Kyle Shanahan has ever coordinated a "non-existent" running game, has he?

51 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

As loathe as I am to defend Kyle Shanahan, the only good RB he had on that team was Foster, who only had 54 rushing attempts that season (4.8 YPA).

Injuries also had a lot to do with the drop - Steve Slaton was believed to be the feature back after going for 1,200 the year before. He had a neck injury he never really recovered from, and his follow up season kinda showed that.

53 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

As loathe as I am to defend Kyle Shanahan, the only good RB he had on that team was Foster, who only had 54 rushing attempts that season (4.8 YPA).

Well, I'm not too high on the Breida/McKinnon combination, and I think they'll feel the growing pains of at least 3 new starters on the o-line. 

10 hours ago, honkeytonk said:

Chad Kelly will win the starting qb job in Denver and lead the Broncos to the first 19-0 season in NFL history.  Greatest comeback story in this century.

I think this is more likely in 2019 than 2018.

3 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Well, I'm not too high on the Breida/McKinnon combination, and I think they'll feel the growing pains of at least 3 new starters on the o-line. 

I would keep McGlinchey at his natural left tackle position to avoid those growing pains and move Joe Staley to the right side where he should adjust just fine. The center shouldn't be too much of an issue either way. I doubt their running game is in the upper half of the league but I don't think it will be because Beida and McKinnon aren't good enough - just injury prone.

On 4/30/2018 at 6:04 AM, y*so*blu said:

1. The Niners will win their division. 

2. The Vikings will reach the Super Bowl as a wild card team.

3. Aaron Rodgers will be insufferably annoying.

4. One of the Lions cheerleaders will fall into a hole in spacetime and land directly in my lap while I'm watching a game.

I think all of those predictions are pretty bold, except for the Aaron Rodgers bit.

Rodgers is only annoying to you because he plays for a divisional rival.  ;)

The Browns will win a Super Bowl before the Cowboys win another playoff game. This will occur in the year 2075 and The cryogenicly frozen head of Jerry Jones will still not have fired Jason Garrett who will be mindless clapping his old withered hands in the corner without purpose. 

Archived