Jump to content
Mind Character

The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Good sir, this is Cleveland. We don't believe in giving rookies time, regardless of what position they play.

I hear ya, patience is a dirty word around these parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hear ya, patience is a dirty word around these parts.

Unless it comes to your head coach. Then, by all means, be patient with him at 1-31 but fire your GM.

Too soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not to mention, he wasn’t cut because of his play as he was hurt all last year.

Johnson was cut because the previous regime drafted him, not the current one, plain and simple. 

I don’t know if it’s a regime issue tho like you say. 

Rod Johnson has had as success of a career as Greg Robinson and by that both have made zero impact while playing so far. 

Hell I prolly would of chose to kept Johnson cause he has rapport with the team already. 

Robinson is prolly cut by camp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know if it’s a regime issue tho like you say. 

Rod Johnson has had as success of a career as Greg Robinson and by that both have made zero impact while playing so far. 

Hell I prolly would of chose to kept Johnson cause he has rapport with the team already. 

Robinson is prolly cut by camp

Eh, I disagree.  Both Johnson and Robinson have horrible technique.  But one of them has freakish athletic ability and one does not.  I agree with you that he'll probably be cut, but all it takes is the right coach to get the light to go on.  Maybe it'll be JT who helps him.  Who knows?  But either way, I'd rather have the guy with the bigger athletic upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know if it’s a regime issue tho like you say. 

Rod Johnson has had as success of a career as Greg Robinson and by that both have made zero impact while playing so far. 

Hell I prolly would of chose to kept Johnson cause he has rapport with the team already. 

Robinson is prolly cut by camp

My point was more or less he wasn’t cut because he sucks, he hasn’t even played yet, he was cut because this new regime didn’t invest in him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this could show Desmond Harrison what his career might look like if he doesn't get his act together 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Eh, I disagree.  Both Johnson and Robinson have horrible technique.  But one of them has freakish athletic ability and one does not.  I agree with you that he'll probably be cut, but all it takes is the right coach to get the light to go on.  Maybe it'll be JT who helps him.  Who knows?  But either way, I'd rather have the guy with the bigger athletic upside.

True but after 4years tho? I have hope too. Dude might be one of the best athletes at be position but the past 4 years he has been one of the worse linemen in the league. I think he has been graded out as one of the bottom 5 tackles in the league he last 4 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True but after 4years tho? I have hope too. Dude might be one of the best athletes at be position but the past 4 years he has been one of the worse linemen in the league. I think he has been graded out as one of the bottom 5 tackles in the league he last 4 years

Then he is consistent. We need a bit of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the play of Mike Jordan aka the GOAT. Any chance he makes the team? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I liked the play of Mike Jordan aka the GOAT. Any chance he makes the team? 

Howard Wilson being out gives him a good chance unless we take one of those supplemental guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

In all likely good he is a 4th is 5th teir athlete. In the UK top athletes go to soccer then cricket. After that rugby, then league. I know rugby and league have two teir competition, so he probably sucks, bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TJ Carrie is going to be a beast slot corner. I’ve read that’s where he really shines. Just not as a #1 or #2 guy. Denzel award has stood out amongst all Browns rookies. People are really going to be happy we took him over Chubb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 players I’m really look forward to watching outside the obvious ones. 

1. Sam Beal - after we draft him I’m the third tomorrow, 2. Trenton Thompson - I think he can make the roster easily, 3.Mychal Kendricks - dude might bump Collins off the roster, 4. Desmond Harrison - might be a big time steal if he puts it all together, 5. Evan Berry - might make the roster as a KR specialist 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on Baker Mayfield. I really hope he’s as good as he’s projected. It’s soooo much easier building a team with a franchise QB instead of trying to build pieces and insert a QB.

 

Especially when you get some of these other players starting to hold out. I’d just pay big bucks to cornerstone positions (QB, pass rusher, CB, and LT) then just let other positions walk if they get too pricey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×