2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

I've barely watched any tape yet but I think Haskins could be something if he sits a couple seasons. He's raw but he looks like he has a chance to make it big if he lands where he needs to.

So he just needs to sit for 2-3 years, go to an ideal situation, and then he could be good? You're really going out on a limb. I feel the same way about every QB prospect ever.

15 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So he just needs to sit for 2-3 years, go to an ideal situation, and then he could be good? You're really going out on a limb. I feel the same way about every QB prospect ever.

2/3 years is a tad excessive. Really think if he sits for a whole season he will at least be an above average QB while he learns on the fly. Just hope you can protect the man. 

Okay so I actually watched a bit of tape on Haskins. He's got a pretty quick release but occasionally dips the ball a tad low. He has good arm strength and accuracy if his footwork is right but a lot of the time he's inconsistent. He tends to over-step a little with his front foot instead of turning during the throw and his back-foot follow-through is a little high and slow for my liking, which usually causes him to lose some zip and placement on the ball. I definitely agree with the camp that he should return to Ohio State to fix some things like that because if he gets those things down he should be a Top-5 pick even with Tua in the class. He can really zing it but a lot of the time he's just off mechanically.

Justin Herbert may have a shoulder injury. I can't imagine this means he'll enter the draft with most doubting he would anyway.

Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert, a potential first overall pick in the 2019 NFL draft, left today’s game against Oregon State with an apparent shoulder injury.

Herbert immediately grabbed his shoulder after he was sacked in the second quarter. He left the field and was taken to the locker room and did not play for the rest of the game.

In the second half Herbert stood on the sideline, out of his uniform. His arm was not in a sling.

Many draft analysts consider Herbert the best draft-eligible quarterback playing college football this year. There has been some talk, however, that he would choose to return to Oregon next season rather than declaring for the NFL draft.

Oregon has concluded its regular season. Herbert has given no indication that he plans to skip the bowl game, although it remains possible that an injury could prevent him from playing, or could make him decide not to play again until he is getting paid.

Pro Football Talk

5 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Do people remember Mariota projected as top 10 pick in 14 draft if he came early but decided to stay. 

I guess Hubert thinks staying will make him auto top 5 pick like Mariota was. Although he should leave now, he's going to go top 5 this year loll

He would also go to a historically well ran franchise and be located in New York. 

If he waits until next year he may end up in Oakland or Denver. I wouldn’t take that risk if I was him.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, AlNFL19 said:

I've barely watched any tape yet but I think Haskins could be something if he sits a couple seasons. He's raw but he looks like he has a chance to make it big if he lands where he needs to.

Rather than sit, his best move is to play another season and get more experience. Of course the injury to that UCF QB will have guys thinking.

10 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Do people remember Mariota projected as top 10 pick in 14 draft if he came early but decided to stay. 

I guess Hubert thinks staying will make him auto top 5 pick like Mariota was. Although he should leave now, he's going to go top 5 this year loll

Yeah he should go. Herbert will be the top QB drafted and probably won’t slide past the Giants (likely top 3).  There’s too kany variables in the future. I think he’s a pretty bleh QB to be the #1 guy, but I also don’t think he’ll be horrible. 

11 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Haskins...lol. If he does declare, I wonder which franchise will put their blind faith in him. My guess is NYG. Far too raw, I'd barely even consider him an actual QB at this stage. Needs 2 or 3 years behind someone. 

2 to 3 years you say? He'd be a good developmental QB for the Chargers. He can sit behind Rivers until the new stadium is built in Hollywood.

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Haskins...lol. If he does declare, I wonder which franchise will put their blind faith in him. My guess is NYG. Far too raw, I'd barely even consider him an actual QB at this stage. Needs 2 or 3 years behind someone. 

lol what? How is Haskins "barely an actual QB" at this stage?

This take stinks.

Archived