Who is your "Surprise" cut and why?

vegas492

41 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Am I the only one who thinks the whole Davis fumble is a big overreaction?

Opinions vary.

If he has questionable hands for fielding punts, then its a harbinger of things to come. If it's just growing pains and player development, then its not.

In the case of Cobb, he got over the fumbling. In the case of Jeremy Ross, he didn't and has bounced around the league, 6 teams in 4 years

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

In a draft & develop world, you have to accept the bumps along the way as these guys hone their craft. It sounds like you've already decided that Davis will definitely fumble in the future, which is fascinating given your argument above against using the past as a predictor of the future.

I think people just want everything to be perfect, everyone can't mess up a play or 2 or they're cut. How is this no different than Monty fumbling against the Eagles? It all depends on consistency, if he comes back and muffs again this week, ya that's a problem, but if he puts together 2 solid return games, won't this punt be a thing of the past?

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

From today's practice:

» "As punt returners, Randall Cobb and Quinten Rollins each muffed a catch."

Well that's just great.  One muffed punt and you lose the job around these parts, so we've got nobody to return punts. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Well that's just great.  One muffed punt and you lose the job around these parts, so we've got nobody to return punts. 

...that's not what anyone is saying.  I'm not sure why it has to be one extreme or another in this forum.

I have 2 surprise cuts : 

Defense  = Quinton Rollins - he just doesn't get it and I see zero improvement over last years debacle with Rollins. 

Offense = Jason Spriggs - its not if Spriggs will fall down it's simply which direction. 

28 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

I have 2 surprise cuts : 

Defense  = Quinton Rollins - he just doesn't get it and I see zero improvement over last years debacle with Rollins. 

Offense = Jason Spriggs - its not if Spriggs will fall down it's simply which direction. 

I think most likely they give Spriggs at least one more year. In spot duty last year I don't think he looked near this terrible but maybe i'm not remembering something correctly. Quinton Rollins would be an interesting one that would be a surprise though. 

1 hour ago, gizmo2012 said:

I have 2 surprise cuts : 

I guess Kenny Clark would be a surprise cut too. 

Archived