Could an All American NCAA college team beat the 2017 Browns?

Vladimir L

I also don't think people realize how much your body physically changes from 22 years old to 25-30 years old. The physical and mental maturation that takes place once these guys reach the NFL would be the difference.

Oh, and back to the Alabama argument...I think it's foolish to look at a 2015 Bama squad and say, "they could hang with the Browns--or historically any god-awful team. Look at who they have!"   We have to remember that a lot of these big names are pencil-necked 17-18 year old kids that end up becoming studs down the line. That 2015 team had a freshman Ryan Anderson on the squad. Does anyone really believe 18 year old Ryan Anderson would be able to get around 25-30 year old NFL OL? It might be fun to think about this stuff sometimes, but it's a joke to think a team like the Browns could lose to a bunch of kids.

All depends on schemes and coaching. If the All-Americans are coached by Nick Saban and have the best offensive/defensive schemes AND they all maximize the talent, then sure they'd beat the Browns.

Otherwise the Browns would win simply because they're already playing in one scheme. The All-American team is loaded with 1st rounders. The Browns are loaded with talent nobody else wanted and also guys on rookie contracts.

10 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- Says the Jets fan, disregard.

- As far a statement that actually required thought, Myles Garrett would beat whoever the RT is like a drum, a line of JT, Bitonio, Tretter, Zeitler, and Coleman would dominate whoever is in front of them. You win easily in the trenches, you win the game easily.

Jets have 20 wins the past 3 years, Browns have 4. There’s levels to this. 

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Lol, you are so insecure....poor little you..  

Hmm...you brought up the Jets not me, I referenced that we've won 5 times as many games as the aforementioned Browns so you're statement "coming from a Jets fan" is really off base IMO. But okay call me names, I guess.

16 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

All depends on schemes and coaching. If the All-Americans are coached by Nick Saban and have the best offensive/defensive schemes AND they all maximize the talent, then sure they'd beat the Browns.

Otherwise the Browns would win simply because they're already playing in one scheme. The All-American team is loaded with 1st rounders. The Browns are loaded with talent nobody else wanted and also guys on rookie contracts.

it depends on nothing. It will never happen. Every pro would beat the F out of every college player and the ref would turn his head even if he saw it.

college players wouldnt stand a chance

On 5/8/2018 at 10:35 PM, frenchie said:

The Browns overall are really not as bad as they appear. 

A better coach and even a somewhat competent QB, and they're a 6-10 team easy, IMO.

Easy, maybe even 10-6 or 11-5 in the lollipop AFC. 

On 5/13/2018 at 3:11 AM, SteelKing728 said:

08 Lions vs 17 Browns

Go

31-7 Browns and not even that close. 

The 08 Lions were simply horrible. The 17 Browns actually we’re competing in most of their games. 

3 hours ago, biletnikoff said:

it depends on nothing. It will never happen. Every pro would beat the F out of every college player and the ref would turn his head even if he saw it.

college players wouldnt stand a chance

Yeah I know for a fact that if you took the best college CB right now and matched him up with Breshad Perriman, Perriman's not catching a single ball. Not every NFL player is somehow genetically superior to college athletes.

20 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I also don't think people realize how much your body physically changes from 22 years old to 25-30 years old. The physical and mental maturation that takes place once these guys reach the NFL would be the difference.

I think people are sleeping on this. The guys on NFL teams are doing things to improve their craft 24/7/365 (or close to it, at least). While we know colleges bend the rules for a lot of things, the kids on a college team don't dedicate nearly as much time in film study, practice, conditioning and recovery, etc.

It's safe to assume your College team would be down to their 4th string by the 4th quarter - those guys would be gassed to the point of ineffectiveness, or outright Injured after three quarters of violent impact on every down.

Sorry to draw cross sport parallels, but this would be like Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. Sure, Conor has a foundation to work on and is younger and fresher, and looked kind of effective in the early part of that fight, but the reality is that the experienced, conditioned Mayweather was merely toying with him.

ok

I got to the spread offense with gordon,calloway,and landry what three db due you put on them

mayfield is my qb so we run his offense that he completed 64 percent of his passes

i put ward and gaines on whatever wr you send out

rb collins and peppers against whatever  running back you send out

njoku what line backer due you have guarding him he would have 300 yards alone

this score would be 60 nothing buy halftime cleveland

On 5/15/2018 at 7:18 AM, Darth Pees said:

Yeah I know for a fact that if you took the best college CB right now and matched him up with Breshad Perriman, Perriman's not catching a single ball. Not every NFL player is somehow genetically superior to college athletes.

you mean you hope you might be right.. its not a fact.

lol sports is staged.. if Perriman cant catch, then why did he make the cut of the best of the best? he's obviously doing what they tell him to "for money". he drops when told to drop. The fact is he can catch like any Rice, or any other receiver.

Archived