Vikings WR Michael Floyd suspended for first 4 games

theJ

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Zimmer said Floyd will be cut if he lied about how he failed his test.

Not a statement that means much though... how will they ever prove he lied?

I’m pretty sure the suspension is proof enough, and he’ll be cut before he can put a uniform on. 

On 7/14/2017 at 7:05 PM, MrDrew said:

I’m pretty sure the suspension is proof enough

I thought there was talk that it truly could have been from over-fermented room temp kombucha, provided by the Vikings. If that was just speculation then yeah, he'll just be cut. 

Maybe this one will be the wakeup call? You can only hope. 

12 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I thought there was talk that it truly could have been from over-fermented room temp kombucha, provided by the Vikings. If that was just speculation then yeah, he'll just be cut. 

Maybe this one will be the wakeup call? You can only hope. 

You'd think getting detained by police after you pass out in your car and then blowing a .217 would be the wake up call...

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You'd think getting detained by police after you pass out in your car and then blowing a .217 would be the wake up call...

Literally and figuratively 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

What does the Vikings depth chart even look like at this point?  The only one I know is Adam Thielen.  Maybe @Heimdallr or @Klomp can help me out here.

Diggs
Thielen
Treadwell (Diggs or Thielen move into slot in 3WR sets)
Coley or Floyd
Wright (backup slot)
Adams (KR)

Gotta question Minnesota signing him in the first place.  Never really got close to his potential, plus the Vikings have Diggs and Thielen, so signing Floyd was either signing a problem 4th string receiver, or it's a sign they're not too high on Treadwell.  I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd was cut in season. 

32 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Diggs
Thielen
Treadwell (Diggs or Thielen move into slot in 3WR sets)
Coley or Floyd
Wright (backup slot)
Adams (KR)

Yeah, Floyd was never going to be a #1 or #2 guy. Diggs and Thielen are firmly established as the top two targets, and everyone is expecting/hoping Treadwell will be a much big contributor this year. He is fighting for the #4 spot even without the suspension. 

His salary is close to the vet minimum for someone with his experience, so it really is a no-lose signing even if he is cut.

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

What does the Vikings depth chart even look like at this point?  The only one I know is Adam Thielen.  Maybe @Heimdallr or @Klomp can help me out here.

Stefon Diggs

Adam Thielen

Laquon Treadwell

Michael Floyd

Marius Wright

Rodney Adams

Stacey Coley

Moritz Boehringer

Idk what happens to Floyd. If he stays, Wright is probably gone. Coley or Adams and MoBo go to PS.

On 7/22/2017 at 8:39 PM, Tyty said:

I feel like he's been unspectacular as a #2 for much of his career. No reason to keep giving him so many chances or be lenient with his punishment. 

Yes, but he still has the "former first round pick" aura. Ignore what he's done in the league (or not), he's a former first round pick goshdarnit! :P

Archived