Toronto Raptors Fire HC Dwane Casey

J-ALL-DAY

So he's actually fired BEFORE officially receiving the award. Gonna be a better ceremony than Dirk getting that MVP.

This is basically the most obvious first step to potentially getting this team over the hump. Give that roster a run under a different commander, if that doesn't work you go from there. Nobody would deny that team drastically under-performs the same way every year. Hard to believe that an entire collection of players are shook, even new ones added. Nobody on that team believes they can win and it's freaking obvious as their butt cheeks get so tight as the games wind down that they could shatter diamonds.

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I don't think it's a terrible decision, but I think a team looking for a culture change and a good coach should hire him. And that quote is brutal, but I see where it's coming from. Toronto should have won game 1 and the series probably would have been a little different. Less embarrassing. Maybe get one more win. And that first L is on the players. 

I understand where he’s coming from because I basically said the same thing. It’s one thing coming from me it’s rather embarrassing to hear from your HC IMO. 

Game 1 loss was on the players and maybe it simply just spiraled from there and with hope in game 3 LeBron hits an all time buzzer beater. I mean the defense in that play was rather curious let LeBron run right down the court the way he did it’s little things like that. He really seemed like he had no clue in games 2 and 4 but again you can argue the players didn’t show up and then it’s the coaches job to have these guys ready no matter what heartbreaking way you lost the previous way. 

The team simply underperforms and underachieves in the postseason under Casey. We simply aren’t the same team as we are in the regular season and it’s infuriating. The mental edge LeBron has on this team is very real. 

7 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

So he's actually fired BEFORE officially receiving the award. Gonna be a better ceremony than Dirk getting that MVP.

This is basically the most obvious first step to potentially getting this team over the hump. Give that roster a run under a different commander, if that doesn't work you go from there. Nobody would deny that team drastically under-performs the same way every year. Hard to believe that an entire collection of players are shook, even new ones added. Nobody on that team believes they can win and it's freaking obvious as their butt cheeks get so tight as the games wind down that they could shatter diamonds.

OG is the only exception he is a gamer. Otherwise I agree with everything. 

I kind of wish this happened BEFORE the Hornets hired Borrego. I don't mean to knock Borrego - don't know a lot about him - but, with the Hornets being my 2nd team and all, I would have loved a Kupchak/Casey pairing. 

I can definitely see why they did this. You changed your team to beat Cleveland and Cleveland being a significantly weaker team than they were last year and you still get swept. So they feel that they needed to make a change. If they had lost in 6. He’d stlll have his job.

Archived