WizeGuy

Will Josh Allen become a franchise QB for the Bills?

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I wish NextGen Stats put up a link - according to NFL Network Post-Game wrap-up on Sunday night, Allen put up 814 yards of distance travelled running in the game last week.  814 yards lol.

I mean, there's no denying the physical talent is special.   Just a case of him picking up on the accuracy/placement/read progression & D recognition part...which again, are where special physical talents fail.   But there's been some progress on those fronts.  Not much, but enough I'm sure to let the Bills fanbase have hope.   

Yeah I’m not sure how anyone can possibly say Josh has been a disappointment so far. If this is what we said we’d see out of him in his rookie year back in January people would’ve had him as the number one pick most likely. 

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yeah I’m not sure how anyone can possibly say Josh has been a disappointment so far. If this is what we said we’d see out of him in his rookie year back in January people would’ve had him as the number one pick most likely. 

I wouldn't go that far - the areas where he struggles in-game are still the most important for sustained long-term success.  So the risk of busting out is still there.   But the tools are at least translating at the NFL level - that's the entire justification for taking the shot, and it's legit.   

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I wouldn't go that far - the areas where he struggles in-game are still the most important for sustained long-term success.  So the risk of busting out is still there.   But the tools are at least translating at the NFL level - that's the entire justification for taking the shot, and it's legit.   

Kelvin Benjamin is gone now so Josh’s completion percentage will jump 10 points 

I will say Allens outlook is looking better than Rosen so far. Rosen looks dreadful and possibly the worst starting QB in the league. Not possibly actually, certainly is. I’m still definitey not sold on Allen being an NFL QB though. 

It does look like they went in the right order, Baker, Darnold, Allen, and Rosen. 

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Kelvin Benjamin is gone now so Josh’s completion percentage will jump 10 points 

Well, at the very least, the WR's will work together with him pregame to develop more chemistry.

I think he will. Patience may be required, but I believe he will. He was my 2nd fave of the QBs after Mayfield. 

Not a fan of Rosen or Darnold.