Will Josh Allen become a franchise QB for the Bills?

WizeGuy

Maybe.  Maybe not.  He's got the ability, but he also needs some work...and probably some time.  Neither of which he may get a lot of there.  He may also be walking into a pretty bleak surrounding talent situation.  Not just in the skill positions, but potentially in what i understand of the coaching situation as well.  They've got what...a defensive-minded HC, an OC who has mostly led abysmal offenses in the NFL?  And a QB coach who is actually a WRs coach?  Not exactly confidence inspiring for a guy coming out as raw as Allen.  Probably my least favourite of the "likely" landing spots for Allen to really find success...but we'll see what he's made of i guess.

Within the next 4 years? No. I don't believe he'll be able to fix all the flaws and become a Franchise QB within the next 4 years and play at a consistently high level. Year 5 and beyond are dependent on the consistency around him (staff, coaching, players) and his work ethic on fixing any mechanical flaws and inconsistencies. 

I hope he does, but I wouldn't bet on it.

He's not as bad a prospect some of his staunchest detractors claimed he was, but I don't think he'll grow into a player who will be able to reliably keep the team competitive year after year.

He could be, but I doubt it'll be with this coaching staff. He's going to need the system catered to him like it is for Goff in LA or Trubisky in Chi for him to be successful I think.

He's a talented player, but physical talent only gets you so far. Hopefully McCarron can carry the team the majority of the year and Allen isn't rushed in. Heck, I'd let Peterman go in before Allen. He needs a lot of time before he's ready, and Buffalo's skill players is basically a graveyard of talent minus a 30 year old Shady McCoy.

So, in the right situation, yes I think he could, but I think his max is a top 15 QB.  In my opinion though it doesn't happen that way and Josh Allen becomes more of a "what if" than a "remember when" kind of player.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:05 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Yes. They need to get some pieces around him though. The Bills skill players are horrid.

Even the best supporting cast cant make up for a terrible QB. They need to make sure w/e is developing him is bringing him along right. 

But yes make sure he has the supporting cast too. 

7 hours ago, VanS said:

Josh Allen will be a star in Year 1.

I know you're high on Allen. Can I ask why? His accuracy issues and supposed difficulties reading defenses scares me a lot. I hope you're right, tho