Marcedes Lewis in the fold!

cooters22

22 minutes ago, Ham Sammich said:

Only if Byrd comes out of nowhere to lock down the #3 spot. But, even then, it'll depend on how they really view Graham. 

True. I dont know squat about Byrd or any other TEs on our roster at this point. Frankly, I'd be fine with Graham, Lewis, Kendricks.

Done. Works just fine for me. We could do all sorts of things with this combo / mix of talents.

16 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

You have got to think that we go old this season.  Kendricks is a FA after this season.  And I doubt that any of Emmanuel Lewis, Dennis Rader, or  Ryan Smith show enough to replace Kendricks (or Graham and Lewis for that matter).  Kendricks is also a 600k cap hit, if cut, if that matters at all.  I won't argue against needing or wanting a replacement for Kendricks, I just don't think the guys currently on the team would be any better.  

I would look to add some talented youth next offseason while we still have 1 or 2 more seasons with Graham.  

I don't think Kendrick's is going to make the team. I'd have to assume the third TE has to be a major contributor on special teams, and I don't think or atleast I don't recall Kendrick's being a special teams guy. And Graham and Lewis certainly won't be. Who know's? 

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We can also go 11 personnel with Graham as WR 2 and have that be both a lethal passing or running combination with Lewis as the inline TE. 

Our redzone offense has some real size to it as well, with our only real slot guy being very sound in the broken play department. I just hope the days of throwing back shoulders to these tall guys is over.

Yeah it's almost like we'd be running 12 personnel...

I like the signing.  Seems like a professional guy, and he might be a helpful boost to both pass protection and run-blocking.  Hope he gets used right.  

Still, I have my hesitations.  He doesn't catch passes much, so he's really just another blocker, useful as those are.  But if you've got a QB, now Lewis as a 6th lineman, that only leaves four other guys to actually do anything.  Unless you go empty backfield, when you use a back that means you've only got 3 guys going out to be targets.  And Graham, Cobb, and Adams don't have much speed; so I think it's going to be hard to get guys open sending just 3 not-too-fast guys against nickel and dime defenses.  The blocking better block for a long time, or else rodgers may need to do a while lot of scrambling to buy time, to get guys very open.  

Either that, or passes will need to just often go to guys who aren't really open, and completions will need to be in the Z-dimenzion vertical based on the height.  

I'm really curious to see what they do with the backs in terms of receptions.  They may need to get a lot of targets if you're just sending out three targets....

But, maybe Lewis coudl shift the RPO decision-making?  If his blocking enables a lot more runs to work, and if sending out only three targets makes it harder and harder for passes to work, perhaps Aaron will more frequently choose run, for better or for worse?  

8 hours ago, craig said:

I like the signing.  Seems like a professional guy, and he might be a helpful boost to both pass protection and run-blocking.  Hope he gets used right.  

Still, I have my hesitations.  He doesn't catch passes much, so he's really just another blocker, useful as those are.  But if you've got a QB, now Lewis as a 6th lineman, that only leaves four other guys to actually do anything.  Unless you go empty backfield, when you use a back that means you've only got 3 guys going out to be targets.  And Graham, Cobb, and Adams don't have much speed; so I think it's going to be hard to get guys open sending just 3 not-too-fast guys against nickel and dime defenses.  The blocking better block for a long time, or else rodgers may need to do a while lot of scrambling to buy time, to get guys very open.  

Either that, or passes will need to just often go to guys who aren't really open, and completions will need to be in the Z-dimenzion vertical based on the height.  

I'm really curious to see what they do with the backs in terms of receptions.  They may need to get a lot of targets if you're just sending out three targets....

But, maybe Lewis coudl shift the RPO decision-making?  If his blocking enables a lot more runs to work, and if sending out only three targets makes it harder and harder for passes to work, perhaps Aaron will more frequently choose run, for better or for worse?  

Since when does Davante Adams need a lot of time to get open?  The guy is pretty much open immediately on every play. That's how he was able to maintain his production with the worst QB in the league throwing to him.  I mean where are you even getting that from?

On 5/24/2018 at 9:01 PM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

You have got to think that we go old this season.  Kendricks is a FA after this season.  And I doubt that any of Emmanuel Lewis, Dennis Rader, or  Ryan Smith show enough to replace Kendricks (or Graham and Lewis for that matter).  Kendricks is also a 600k cap hit, if cut, if that matters at all.  I won't argue against needing or wanting a replacement for Kendricks, I just don't think the guys currently on the team would be any better.  

I would look to add some talented youth next offseason while we still have 1 or 2 more seasons with Graham.  

Guys, you're slipping.  hqdefault.jpg

On 5/24/2018 at 9:01 PM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Lol and Webster

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

So...do we start calling Jimmy Graham a WR now?

Sure hope not. He's a TE. Calling him a WR just so you can feel better about our WR situation seems like a stretch. Maybe when Graham was 26, I could see your point. Not at 31. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Sure hope not. He's a TE. Calling him a WR just so you can feel better about our WR situation seems like a stretch. Maybe when Graham was 26, I could see your point. Not at 31. 

He wasn't brought in for his blocking prowess. 

Archived