The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

Just now, Darth Pees said:

How exactly does the census work?

In theory, given a lynching, the census taker gets the number of non-town who voted for the victim.

You were one of the "two" that showed up. The problem for town in this game was that the second was a myth.

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I'm just going to say my piece on this and not get into a lengthy argument about it. 

The census role has no place in mafia. It is the most swingy and unfun mechanic and IMO it goes more against the spirit of mafia even more than normal role madness games. 

Every single game that has had a census role here has come down to its results and its results alone. It stops real scumhunting and either the census is correct and mafia is screwed, or mafia successfully tampers with it and wins the game easily. 

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the census. The information is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the information will go over a typical mafia player's head. 

Alright everyone, honest opinion.....

Other than the length of the game which I do apologize for. What did you think of the game and me hosting?

I'd love to host more if you all would like me to. 

I can answer questions, post roles and moves later today after work 

Just now, Famous Jameis said:

Other than the length of the game which I do apologize for. What did you think of the game and me hosting?

As I said before, I loved the writeups and I want you to explain them (and their sudden disappearance). I want to know what exactly happened with the Ebola outbreak and the bomb explosion.

One thing I would say would be to make the night moves down to twelve hours, and days at majority lynch or 24 hours. However, I think that should be that way for most games. Alternatively, you can say 12 hours or by 6 PM Eastern (or whatever), whichever is longer. That way people will know when it is they have to get stuff done.

Encouraging players to get their moves in early (with contingent options should their primary target be lynched) would be useful though I suspect noisy for you. :D

4 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

I thought my role, in theory was good (pick someone to frame and they'll show up mafia if investigated). I'm wondering if it was just the people I picked or the role that ultimately made my moves worthless in this game? I don't think a single person I framed worked.

3 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

Mafia abilities seemed a little weak. To be fair we did get lucky with one of them eventually causing ~5 mislynches, but I think something like that would happen maybe 1/100 times.

And Rick and Morty copypasta aside, I do agree with Whicker about the census.

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I thought my role, in theory was good (pick someone to frame and they'll show up mafia if investigated). I'm wondering if it was just the people I picked or the role that ultimately made my moves worthless in this game? I don't think a single person I framed worked.

Your move is the whole reason the census thing blew up

8 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

You did an amazing job.

You were punctual, fair, and crafted an excellent balanced game.

And obviously, your in depth story was intriguing too.

great debut!

Just now, Darth Pees said:

I must've missed this part lol

Did you target MD4L? If so, that one move gave mafia the win. It corrupted the one thing that town was relying on (and myopically focused on, even when I tried to pull them out of it), but it was the winning move.

25 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

The mob arrived at the police station and pushed their way inside.  The majority of the police force ran out the back, they were through with upholding the law.  

Detective Murphy was the lone person who was left standing to face down and stop the mob. He was no match as the mob grabbed him and drug him outside.  They didn't even say a word, he was strung up and left swinging in the night air.  

@Slappy Mc is dead, he was Detective Murphy - Civ aligned (Green text)

The mob set their sights on a place where they knew there would be evil, the sewers and tunnels underneath Gotham.  They crawled down into the sewer ready for a fight, ready to take back Gotham by force.  They moved past young adult after young adult, all cast aside from society and banished to the sewers where they got work doing the biddings of a man that was the epitome of evil.  

Section after section they walked with no mastermind criminal in sight.  They rounded what seemed like the tenth section and came face to face with the mercenary that was called Bane.  

Bane stood tall, ready for the fight that was about to unfold.  He spoke to the mob, that had stopped in their tracks. In a deep muffled voice he bellowed, "Hello everybody, welcome to my domain.  What you haven't notice yet are the thirty or so guns that have now surrounded you.  Let me guess, you want some kind of justice or redemption.  Well your not going to get it here, but I am a bit entertained by the thought of you trying."

Bane was pacing back and forth in front of the mob, he continued, "I will give everyone here a fair chance at living, at walking out of here alive.  All you have to do is kill me...." By now the mob and Bane was surrounded by thirty or forty men with guns.

"Come on now, let's see what you can do, it will be a fair fight I promise," Bane proclaimed while spinning in circles and laughing.  

The mob saw only one way out of the predicament that they had gotten themselves in, put an end to Bane.  The mass of citizens rushed Bane in an all out attempt to finish him.  Bane threw one after another like they were children. 

The fight continued as more and more of the mob dropped until only one man was left standing.  The man charged as Bane stood their laughing at him.  Bane grabbed the man and lifted him over his head, pausing while speaking, "Gotham is now mine!"  With that Bane dropped the man over his leg and ended the epic battle for Gotham. 

@theuntouchable is dead he was Tripp Menci - Civ aligned (Green text)

@bcb1213 Bane now controls Gotham!

cant wait for the sequel!!

11 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

It was fantastic. 

Archived