Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

BStanRamFan

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

WHY WOULD YOU TRUST STEPHEN JACKSON WITH ANYTHING, dude is always trying to keep his name relevant

Um, because he would know how Pop operates? More importantly he would know the personalities of Parker/Ginobili? You think they just woke up one day and said it's time for us to finally call a teammate out in a meeting? Okay then…….. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, because he would know how Pop operates? More importantly he would know the personalities of Parker/Ginobili? You think they just woke up one day and said it's time for us to finally call a teammate out in a meeting? Okay then…….. 

That's if you're believing what you read and let's say that it did happen, I know I call out my coworkers when they aren't performing. 

I'm not claiming to know what's going on, and I have loved Kawhi since Sdsu but the whole thing is weird. If he's hurt and they want him to play and he doesn't have the desire to, that's his right but I know if he were on my team, I'd be disappointed and that's my right. 

I'll give you that diva is a strong word and he probably isn't THAT word but i've seen rondo play finish a game one-armed after dislocating his other elbow. I'm not going to pretend to know what's up with leonard's body, but it is my belief to be disappointed when someone doesn't want to play through injury and demand trades. 

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol Spurs about to get nothing for him instead. Idiots

They are still going to get plenty lol. I really believe two things..

1. Lakers probably would not even of had their favorite package.

2. He is going to the East

There are rumors that Kawhi is going to sign with the Lakers next offseason regardless and won't commit to an extension with any other team. If you're Boston are you going to give up Jaylen Brown and assets for a one year rental of Kawhi? Look at OKC they gave up Oladipo and assets for George and he's likely going to bounce this summer. 

45 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

There are rumors that Kawhi is going to sign with the Lakers next offseason regardless and won't commit to an extension with any other team. If you're Boston are you going to give up Jaylen Brown and assets for a one year rental of Kawhi? Look at OKC they gave up Oladipo and assets for George and he's likely going to bounce this summer. 

well if they sign Bron and PG then they won't have cap space I would imagine.

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

well if they sign Bron and PG then they won't have cap space I would imagine.

Correct, but he could still get there via S&T.

I think PG is the wildcard in all of this. If he re-signs with OKC, then LeBron won't want to come alone to LA by himself, especially if the Spurs trade him elsewhere. 

But if PG doesn't come and the Lakers end up re-signing Randle, then that throws everything off. Then a team consisting of LBJ/PG/Kawhi in 2019 becomes a pipe dream. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

wouldn't it have to be the Spurs doing it tho? That is kinda the problem rn lol

No, this is assuming he gets traded elsewhere and wants to play on the Lakers in 2019. Whatever team trades for him and would have to agree on a S&T.

I don't think there is much of a chance he ends up on the Lakers this season. Pop isn't doing that. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
So yeah, Kawhi may eventually become a Laker, but that won't happen next season.

Until he's actually dealt elsewhere, I'm not closing that door just yet.  That was San Antonio clearly trying to regain some leverage.

PG13 and LeBron re-sign for 1+1 deals so next summer LA can sign PG13 and Leonard and then trade for LeBron after he opts in.

LeBron's parting gift to Cleveland is a couple young players and picks.

47 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

PG13 and LeBron re-sign for 1+1 deals so next summer LA can sign PG13 and Leonard and then trade for LeBron after he opts in.

LeBron's parting gift to Cleveland is a couple young players and picks.

I mean, even if Paul George signs with the Lakers does anyone believe he's not taking a 1+1?

Archived