2018 NBA Draft Thread

CWood21

I think 2019 will go...

1. Sekou Doumbouya
2. Cam Reddish
3. Nas Little
4. RJ Barrett
5. Late riser (not in love with Langford, Williamson or Bol) - Could see someone like Daniel Gafford or Jontay Porter here.

EDIT - That late riser spot could have a prime candidate that nobody has near their top 5 or 10 right now. That kid is Naz Reid. If he proves he can shoot consistently on the perimeter, he'll rise really damn fast.

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

idk if you thought I was being sarcastic but I was actually agreeing with you

And I was obviously kidding because I’ve seen exactly zero minutes of him play but it does sadden me a little that Bennett and Wiggins are our only top picks overall and one was a complete bust and the other is hardly living up to expectations. My hope is third times the charm but idk. 

However to be real for a second to say someone will be a Bennett level bust is awfully harsh as he basically provided nothing. It wasn’t an injury issue it was maybe partly a lack of desire issue but several of the all time busts have had moments and I don’t even think he did he was just bad. 

10 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I think 2019 will go...

1. Sekou Doumbouya
2. Cam Reddish
3. Nas Little
4. RJ Barrett
5. Late riser (not in love with Langford, Williamson or Bol) - Could see someone like Daniel Gafford or Jontay Porter here.

EDIT - That late riser spot could have a prime candidate that nobody has near their top 5 or 10 right now. That kid is Naz Reid. If he proves he can shoot consistently on the perimeter, he'll rise really damn fast.

I'm excited to see what happens with Doumbouya, he'll definitely be in contention to go #1 next year. I also love Nassir Little's game, he's going to be a problem at UNC next year. 

10 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Cam Reddish has the most upside on that Duke squad. Barrett is good, no question, but Reddish is just scratching his surface. Zion will be an afterthought in a few seasons. 

Reddish reminds me of Brandon Ingram coming out of high school. I don't think that he'll be as productive as Barrett next year but I think he'll flash at times where people will be like "wow this kid can be a superstar." He seems to have a reserved personality and doesn't always play up to his talent level. If he reaches his potential I think he can be a similar player to Paul George offensively. 

Barrett has been working with one of the best shooting coaches in the world this summer. His shot looked significantly better with the Canadian national team against China.

11 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

NBA bout to be put on notice. Especially when we land KL. Mercy.

11 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

two years in a row, whoops

I fully expect us to get the #6 pick in 2019 as well. #cursed #666

I see BKO sorta beat me too it but I wanna go on record that Cam Reddish is the best perimeter player in next years draft. 6’7 two guard that can shoot, create his own shot of the dribble, as well as playmake for others. Reminds me of T-Macs skill set and even though he’s not as athletic as young McGrady he’s still hella smooth and will be an above average athlete at the nba level by the time his body fills out. 

3 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Bol Bol going to be the best player in next years draft tbh.

No chance. He's such a bad athlete. Really stiff. 

I take Cam Reddish, Naz Little, RJ Barrett, Sekou Doumbouya, Jontay Porter, Naz Reid, Daniel Gafford, Romeo Langford and, if he proves he can shoot, Ja Morant over Bol Bol without thinking twice. Maybe even others.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

No chance. He's such a bad athlete. Really stiff. 

I take Cam Reddish, Naz Little, RJ Barrett, Sekou Doumbouya, Jontay Porter, Naz Reid, Daniel Gafford, Romeo Langford and, if he proves he can shoot, Ja Morant over Bol Bol without thinking twice. Maybe even others.

Not really, he's got an odd build and is still learning how to use his body. He's got basically zero lower body strength. Get him into a college/pro strength and conditioning program and he'll improve a lot laterally. He's got a decent shot, good passer, really quick hands, good IQ. I love him but I understand the concerns right now.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Not really, he's got an odd build and is still learning how to use his body. He's got basically zero lower body strength. Get him into a college/pro strength and conditioning program and he'll improve a lot laterally. He's got a decent shot, good passer, really quick hands, good IQ. I love him but I understand the concerns right now.

He's a MAJOR project. He's someone that belongs in the 8-14 range in the lottery. Not at the top of the board. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

He's a MAJOR project. He's someone that belongs in the 8-14 range in the lottery. Not at the top of the board. 

I didn't say he'd go #1, I said he'd be the best player in the class. Which is still a bit of a hyperbole, I just think he's going to be very, very good.

Archived