LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s opting out either way. He always does. 

I mean, we're not talking about a significant amount of money.  If he opts in, he makes about $35.6M.  If he opts out, his Y1 salary is $35.4M.  I mean, that's peanuts.

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Anyone else feel that the opt out (Friday) indicates where he's going?  If he's opting out, he's most likely going to lose money next year as his PO will likely come higher than his max salary.

Wouldnt that just mean he is just out of Cleveland? Not necessarily tipping his hand for where he is going

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wouldnt that just mean he is just out of Cleveland? Not necessarily tipping his hand for where he is going

Not necessarily. Even if he wants to stay in Cleveland he would get more money opting out and resigning. Even if it was for another 1+1. Opting out was always expected. The only thing opting out takes away is a Chris Paul type trade. 

Best move Lebron can make is to stay put and wait. Leonard isn’t going anywhere and George seems like he isn’t going to make a move for Lebron. I’m not risking a move to LA to wait a year, lose before the Finals and hope something doesn’t get worked out between the Spurs and Leonard.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

At this point, it's reportedly down to just Cleveland and the LA Lakers.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Nope, that would just mean teams without cap space he might be considering (Houston and Boston) would be out.  It'd essentially mean he's down to Cleveland, LA, and Philadelphia (or some other team with cap space that could come out of nowhere) if he opts out.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Best move Lebron can make is to stay put and wait. Leonard isn’t going anywhere and George seems like he isn’t going to make a move for Lebron. I’m not risking a move to LA to wait a year, lose before the Finals and hope something doesn’t get worked out between the Spurs and Leonard.

Yup. LeBron holds all the cards, he doesn't need to make his move until he knows what he's dealing with.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yup. LeBron holds all the cards, he doesn't need to make his move until he knows what he's dealing with.

I think we're all foolish if we don't think there's already a plan in motion.  Does anyone truly believe that LeBron doesn't know where he's going?

So all this talk of LeBron and his wife going out looking at High Schools I thought his son was about to be a freshmen.....to only find out he is going into the 8th grade LOL. It probably would make more sense looking for a new home next year when is about to enter high school than now. 

I'm now predicting he signs a two year deal with the Cavs with a opt out after next season and then if he leaves, it will be in 2019 not in the next few weeks.

This will also allow the PG and Kawhi situations to play out. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think we're all foolish if we don't think there's already a plan in motion.  Does anyone truly believe that LeBron doesn't know where he's going?

I think Lebron’s overall influence in players like George or Leonard making decisions based off him is severely overplayed. Miami’s situation fell into his lap at the right time and Cleveland needed and had ties to him. I don’t think there’s some magic grand plan where all of a sudden everything falls in the right place. 

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, it's reportedly down to just Cleveland and the LA Lakers.

Cant believe LA is even Top-3. If he goes West I figured he’d want to go to a team with a legit shot at beating GS like Houston. Even if the Lakers got him and PG it wouldn’t be enough 

Archived