LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I thought it was they were acting independent of his decision

I think that's the case. Supposedly LeBron likes Sexton, but he made sense for the Cavs regardless if LeBron stays or leaves. 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I think that's the case. Supposedly LeBron likes Sexton, but he made sense for the Cavs regardless if LeBron stays or leaves. 

Pretty much this.  Sexton, outside of Porter's major injury concerns, was the next best prospect on their board.  If MPJ wasn't nearly as medically redflagged as he is then he wouldn't have went later than the Cavs at 8, but since those concerns are too much, Sexton provides the next player with potential star qualities on their board.  The safest pick would've been Mikal Bridges, maybe Knox, but with Sexton if he can continue to develop where his work ethics seems to indicate, then he could be a HOFer.  Dude just doesn't care what people think his ceiling is and will work past it.  A lot of Kobe/Jordan in his DNA though obviously living up to those expectations are unreasonable.  I think at a minimum he'll end up a Mike Conley type player.

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

How much cap space would the Lakers have if they renounced all their cap holds (including Randle) minus Wagner?

I don't remember the exact number, but I believe if they renounce all their cap holds and stretch Deng, they're around ~$4.3M after signing LeBron and Paul George.

EDIT: IF they are able to pure salary dump Luol Deng, they have just enough to squeeze Julius Randle's cap hold in.

9 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Lebron starts at 35.  They can stretch Deng next summer and sign Kawhi.

Does LeBron sign with the Lakers and hope that they're able to sign Kawhi next summer. I can't really see him leaving Cleveland to go to Los Angeles to play with a young team without bringing another star this summer so they can make a run at the Warriors. If Paul George resigns with OKC I expect LeBron will sign a 1+1 deal with Cleveland push them to upgrade the roster and if they fall short try to recruit Kawhi to join him in LA next summer. LA could also be a much more intriguing destination next summer depending on the improvement of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Randle if they bring him back.

15 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Who cares where he goes he’s just gonna lose to Golden State again lol

I like the way you think lol.

But not going to lie, a LeBron/Kawhi duo with some of those youngsters in LA would be a problem. LeBron wouldn't have to guard Durant anymore and they would be able to switch better than the Cavs were able to. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I like the way you think lol.

But not going to lie, a LeBron/Kawhi duo with some of those youngsters in LA would be a problem. LeBron wouldn't have to guard Durant anymore and they would be able to switch better than the Cavs were able to. 

It would be a fun series but they aren’t gonna have most of those youngsters with both Kawhi and Lebron on the team. What’s most detrimental to GS if they were to go up against LA will be that they won’t have their mvp Earl Joseph Smith

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It would be a fun series but they aren’t gonna have most of those youngsters with both Kawhi and Lebron on the team. What’s most detrimental to GS if they were to go up against LA will be that they won’t have their mvp Earl Joseph Smith

For sure, but I'm not sure if the Spurs want Lonzo in return. Maybe they work a three way trade where he ends up elsewhere? But lets see how Pelinka fills out the roster if they trade for Kawhi and LeBron signs there. 

Either way, those two alone will make it competitive assuming they have three or four other competent players on the roster lol. 

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

The West is gonna be dumb when LeBron goes to LA. I guess I hope Kawhi gets traded east. 

Seriously there's no reason for the Eastern conference to even have playoffs. lol

Archived