Lesean McCoy Accused of DV, PED use

bigbadbuff23835

51 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

Sexism only exists when it's against females according to all countries laws apparently

Careful... Stick to football or don't post (this doesn't just go for you, but others as well). I don't have a problem with people discussing the situation at hand and how it may impact Shady but please be mindful that opinions of those laws are not up for discussion on these boards. There is a fine line between saying "The law is this way and therefore McCoy will be likely face this reaction" (discussion about how the situation will impact Football) and "I hate this law and wish it to be changed." (discussion about the politics behind the situation) Thank you.

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This is why they investigate. I don't get what your trying to get at by telling me a bunch of stuff I already know ? 

People in this thread go straight for the jugular, my point was to tell them to chill basically

You seemed to go straight for the jugular of the victim, and I was telling you to chill, basically.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

This is not a landlord/tenant rental property situation.  This woman is a squatter.  She does not have leasee rights.  McCoy has every legal right to collect his belongings either himself, or thru a representative.  Now if McCoy told his representative to beat her up, that would be conspiracy.  If he told the representative what to collect and where to find it, and the representative assaulted her on his own, McCoy has no culpability.  I would say at this point there really is zero risk to McCoy unless there is a recording somewhere of him telling the guy to beat her up.

Uhh no. Even if he didn't tell the guy assault her, you cannot send someone to collect belongings from someone unless it is law enforcement. Doesn't matter that she was a squatter and didn't leave. He would still face charges if he sent the guy to collect the items. It doesn't matter if he said beat her or not.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Uhh no. Even if he didn't tell the guy assault her, you cannot send someone to collect belongings from someone unless it is law enforcement. Doesn't matter that she was a squatter and didn't leave. He would still face charges if he sent the guy to collect the items. It doesn't matter if he said beat her or not.

Yeah I was about to call that out too. You can't just hire some goons to forcibly take something back from someone. Had McCoy gone through the proper channels to resolve the matter and not decided to outsource the job to thugs, this would have been a non-issue.

11 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

This is not a landlord/tenant rental property situation.  This woman is a squatter.  She does not have leasee rights.  McCoy has every legal right to collect his belongings either himself, or thru a representative.  Now if McCoy told his representative to beat her up, that would be conspiracy.  If he told the representative what to collect and where to find it, and the representative assaulted her on his own, McCoy has no culpability.  I would say at this point there really is zero risk to McCoy unless there is a recording somewhere of him telling the guy to beat her up.

Is this based on reporting? If so, please link to a story saying so. (It's possible that the eviction proceedings are public record, so some intrepid journalist has read the docket, and that a Georgia court has in fact opined on her status as a tenant, but I've not seen it reported anywhere. Though McCoy's failure to have her evicted to date could also suggest that either (1) a court hasn't adjudicated her status as a tenant, or (2) questions re: her status as a tenant have actually been adjudicated in her favor.)

Or are you claiming this as a matter of Georgia law? if so, what's the statutory or case support for that?

[EDIT: It's pretty clear from the prior incident reports Milton P.D. released this afternoon that the victim is not "a squatter." According to her statement to the police in the course of the July 3, 2017 incident, she claimed she had already spoken to an attorney and that she understood the eviction process. Everything reported since then is consistent with an understanding that she is currently considered a tenant under Georgia law. She will only be deemed "a squatter" by law upon the conclusion of the eviction proceedings with judgment in McCoy's favor. At that point, McCoy would probably use local law enforcement to evict her from the property. Until then, however, she probably has exclusive use rights which effectively prohibit McCoy or (any agents on McCoy's behalf) from entering the property without prior notice to her.]

From everything I can tell so far.

Sounds like LeSean most likely told some... 'friends' to go and remove this women and her stuff from the premises "Just get her out of there." Did he tell them to do "whatever it takes even if it gets messy"? We'll probably never know. Laws aside, if that's what transpired and he didn't tell them to be violent if it comes down to it, then I have no issues with what happened. She had no business being there. Shady isn't a standup individual, but he isn't a scumbag. 

We'll have to wait and see though.

What do you guys think this will do to his fantasy draft value?  Obviously its highly speculative now on whether he'll receive a suspension this season.  Dan Patrick said on the radio this morning he wouldn't be surprised in the NFL forced him to sit out until the Police finish their investigation.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

What do you guys think this will do to his fantasy draft value?  Obviously its highly speculative now on whether he'll receive a suspension this season.  Dan Patrick said on the radio this morning he wouldn't be surprised in the NFL forced him to sit out until the Police finish their investigation.  

Not touching him in the 1st 2 rounds for now, thats for sure

2 hours ago, Danger said:

From everything I can tell so far.

Sounds like LeSean most likely told some... 'friends' to go and remove this women and her stuff from the premises "Just get her out of there." Did he tell them to do "whatever it takes even if it gets messy"? We'll probably never know. Laws aside, if that's what transpired and he didn't tell them to be violent if it comes down to it, then I have no issues with what happened. She had no business being there. Shady isn't a standup individual, but he isn't a scumbag. 

We'll have to wait and see though.

Odds that the entire instructions on what Shady wanted done are in his emails or text messages? Pretty good.

As far as football goes, Bills are gonna be baaaaaaaaad and his fantasy value is tanked now.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I was about to call that out too. You can't just hire some goons to forcibly take something back from someone. Had McCoy gone through the proper channels to resolve the matter and not decided to outsource the job to thugs, this would have been a non-issue.

Isn’t that what OJ went to jail for in that Vegas hotel incident?

Archived