Everything Pokemon Thread!

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Considering Gen 4 was easily my least favourite gen of the first 5, I am curious why it's your favourite? Generally curious, not to argue.

The one great thing that came out of that game for me was the Physical/Special moves, but I don't really attribute those kind of things to an individual game. 

I also loved the underground back then because I was actually playing that with friends. 

excluding the catastrophe's of gens 6 and 7 completely.

I liked Gen 4 because 1. The main villain 2. The Champion 3. The region itself 4. New evolutions to existing pokemon 5. The legendary trio theme

The downside IMO was the dependence on field HMs though I bet they'll make quality of life changes for that in this game.

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

excluding the catastrophe's of gens 6 and 7 completely.

I liked Gen 4 because 1. The main villain 2. The Champion 3. The region itself 4. New evolutions to existing pokemon 5. The legendary trio theme

The downside IMO was the dependence on field HMs though I bet they'll make quality of life changes for that in this game.

I assume the QoL changes for HMs are here to stay. Rock climb was a brutal addition. I really liked Electivire and Magnezone but I guess I hated how they mostly needed trades with an item to evolve, or were not naturally found in the game at a decent time like Magneton.

Gen 6 and 7 being X/Y and S/M? I didn't hate X/Y. But Greninja does so much for that gen. 

36 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Gen 6 and 7 being X/Y and S/M? I didn't hate X/Y. But Greninja does so much for that gen. 

I enjoyed Mega Evolution, wish they just picked a lane between that/z-moves/g-max. Mega was actually interesting at least. And in 7 the regional variants were a nice idea to keep things fresher and not inflating the Pokédex too much.

Between Greninja (Froakie) and Rowlett, gen 6/7 actually gave us two great starters for the first time in awhile.

Looking through the dex for both they were kinda weak there. Had fun with them though. Storyline wasn’t great, appreciated them trying to mix up the formula in SM.

On 2/27/2021 at 12:15 PM, JBURGE said:

I assume the QoL changes for HMs are here to stay. Rock climb was a brutal addition. I really liked Electivire and Magnezone but I guess I hated how they mostly needed trades with an item to evolve, or were not naturally found in the game at a decent time like Magneton.

XY had some interesting or fun Pokemon.  Delphox, Greninja, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Sylveon, Hawlucha, and Noivern all got some good run from me in various games.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 1:24 AM, CWood21 said:

XY had some interesting or fun Pokemon.  Delphox, Greninja, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Sylveon, Hawlucha, and Noivern all got some good run from me in various games.

Agree. The game as a whole was fairly meh, plus the exp share... I won't say it ruined Pokemon, but it's made it worse for me. At least you could turn it off in that game. 

I also had a gazillion eggs and got a shiny Arora or whatever it's called, the little white dinosaur, cutest pokemon ever. I evolved it, biggest mistake ever.

Edited by JBURGE

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I refuse to do a nuzlocke on a game that I can't speed time up on.... so can I with this? It is GBA port?

I am pretty sure Fire Red Omega is ROM Hack so you'd be able to speed up time.

On a different note:

I'm working on a fan game with a couple of other people. 5 people in total. We've got a composer and someone to make original sprites. It'll be released episodically.

And while you might not be able to go quite as fast as VBA speed boost, there is a speed up mode in that. I'll post a link to it when the first part is done hopefully within a month. Our team's been working on it for well over a year now in our spare time. Would be honored if any of y'all tried it out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danger said:

On a different note:

I'm working on a fan game with a couple of other people. 5 people in total. We've got a composer and someone to make original sprites. It'll be released episodically.

And while you might not be able to go quite as fast as VBA speed boost, there is a speed up mode in that. I'll post a link to it when the first part is done hopefully within a month. Our team's been working on it for well over a year now in our spare time. Would be honored if any of y'all tried it out.

Hey man, I'd be happy to try it out. Are there new Fakemon in it? 

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Hey man, I'd be happy to try it out. Are there new Fakemon in it? 

Fakemon? No, but we will have some custom regional variants. Though not all of them will have their final version of their sprites in since we just recently brought out spriter on board.

Here's one that he just finished. Water/Dragon version:

160_1.png

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Fakemon? No, but we will have some custom regional variants. Though not all of them will have their final version of their sprites in since we just recently brought out spriter on board.

160_1.png

Neat

2 hours ago, Danger said:

On a different note:

Sounds dope

2 hours ago, Danger said:

160_1.png

Does this Feraligart learn Dragon Dance?