Everything Pokemon Thread!

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

@SteelKing728 You talking about sword/shield? Tried to get into it but couldn’t. Might buy the remakes coming out.

Yeah. I'm not into this whole big Pokemon thing. I liked mega evolution but they cut that and regional form is okay. I get it.

As for my question, I think Lapras is the better Pokemon. I really want Greninja but Sword/Shield isn't allowing that one to go through.

My ideal squad:

Charizard

Greninja

Sceptile

Mimikyu

Aggron

Toxtricity

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

OK. You still take Dracovish over Gyrados too, right?

I've never ran with Gyrados because of stupid typing. It should be Water/Dark like the mega evolution.

Yeah.  Fisheous Rend is ridiculously overpowered, plus you can get it's Strong Jaw ability which powers up any "biting" moves like Crunch or Psychic Fangs by 1.5 times the normal damage.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

OK. You still take Dracovish over Gyrados too, right?

I've never ran with Gyrados because of stupid typing. It should be Water/Dark like the mega evolution.

Of the non Legendaries, Dracovish is the best Water type in the game.  Pelliper is nice when you need to set up Rain Dance.  Slowbro/Slowking are nice pivot Pokemon when you have Regenerator as their ability Teleport.  Swampert is a solid utility Pokemon because of it's type combination.  Tapu Fini is a really good Water type.  Toxapex might be one of the most annoying Pokemon ever.

When do the next games come out? Actually sold my Switch like a year ago cause I barely used it (actually got every penny back considering they were sold out everywhere). However, I’ll buy it again once another pokemon game comes out. Maybe the Lite this time, I rarely used the TV feature.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

When do the next games come out? Actually sold my Switch like a year ago cause I barely used it (actually got every penny back considering they were sold out everywhere). However, I’ll buy it again once another pokemon game comes out. Maybe the Lite this time, I rarely used the TV feature.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are supposed to be released later this year.  The new Arceus game is supposed to be released next year.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, CWood21 said:

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are supposed to be released later this year.  The new Arceus game is supposed to be released next year.

The remakes look like a mobile game, I don't like the art style at all. I sincerely hope they are closer to Platinum than Diamond and Pearl or  I will be very upset when I spend my $90 on it 😂

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The remakes look like a mobile game, I don't like the art style at all. I sincerely hope they are closer to Platinum than Diamond and Pearl or  I will be very upset when I spend my $90 on it 😂

Agreed.  I'm taking the wait and see approach to it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Judging a game by a trailer is pretty dumb. Looks pretty similar to sword and shield aesthetic wise

In what way are these similar. The DP characters look like they should be on a keychain 

Pokémon Sword & Shield Characters | PokéJungle

Poll: Do You Like The Chibi Art Style In Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And  Shining Pearl? - Nintendo Life

EDIT: Some context - I am not saying the art style will make it a bad game, but I am not a fan of it. I would consider the first 5 gens to be the core Pokemon games, before they started seriously changing the series with mega evo's etc, and Gen 4 is my least favourite of the 5. Platinum was much better, but the pool of Pokemon in DP was super disappointing, so I am praying they look to change that.

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1