Everything Pokemon Thread!

1 hour ago, Danger said:

There was no redeeming qualities about Gen 6. 

Characters were bad, story was bad, gameplay was so easy it felt like a chore to finish. They gifted you every OP thing under the sun. I can't remember the names of any of the gym leaders or Elite 4. Team Flare was the most boring antagonist group to date. That said, Gen 8 was pretty much as bad because you didn't even KNOW who the antagonist was the entire game, there was just no conflict. At least the gym leaders were more charismatic and would show up at other moments.

Gens 6,7, and 8 were all just bad for a variety of reasons. The only things I've liked about them are Mega Forms, and Regional Forms. And minor tweaks to the mechanics. e.g. Weather not being permanent.

Gen 4
Gen 5
Gen 2
Gen 1

Gen 3

Gen 7
Gen 8

Gen 6

Can you list which games would belong to these gens? Kind of curious. I know Gen 1 would be Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gen 2 would be Silver, Gold (my favorite Pokemon games ever) but after that I’m lost lol. 

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can you list which games would belong to these gens? Kind of curious. I know Gen 1 would be Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gen 2 would be Silver, Gold (my favorite Pokemon games ever) but after that I’m lost lol. 

Gen 1 - R/BY
Gen 2 - G/S/C
Gen 3 - R/S/E, FR/LG
Gen 4 - D/P/Pt, HG/SS
Gen 5 - BW, BW2
Gen 6 - XY, ORAS
Gen 7 - SuMo, USUM
Gen 8 - SwSh

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Gen 1 - R/BY
Gen 2 - G/S/C
Gen 3 - R/S/E, FR/LG
Gen 4 - D/P/Pt, HG/SS
Gen 5 - BW, BW2
Gen 6 - XY, ORAS
Gen 7 - SuMo, USUM
Gen 8 - SwSh

So you have the Diamond and Pearl games as the best? Or, at least best pokemon you’re saying? Definitely makes me want to cop the Diamond/Pearl remakes coming out. I never played the originals. I played the first 3 gens as a kid, and then played Gen 8 as an adult (although didn’t like it much). 

58 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So you have the Diamond and Pearl games as the best? Or, at least best pokemon you’re saying? Definitely makes me want to cop the Diamond/Pearl remakes coming out. I never played the originals. I played the first 3 gens as a kid, and then played Gen 8 as an adult (although didn’t like it much). 

HG/SS, and Platinum were great. D/P were ok. I'm with JBURGE though. I think the art style is atrocious. 

They could've just made it like Let's Go. Really unfortunate. Just emulate the original versions.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Gen 1 - RBY
Gen 2 - GSC
Gen 3 - RSE/FRLG
Gen 4 - DPPt/HGSS
Gen 5 - BW/BW2
Gen 6 - ORAS/XY
Gen 7 - SM/USUM
Gen8 - SwSh

3 hours ago, Danger said:

HG/SS, and Platinum were great. D/P were ok. I'm with JBURGE though. I think the art style is atrocious. 

They could've just made it like Let's Go. Really unfortunate. Just emulate the original versions.

I mean, that's what happens when you hand off the games to a 3rd party.

On 5/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, CWood21 said:

Gen 6 wasn't bad at all.  ORAS was a better version of RSE, so there's that.  I liked XY probably a bit more than most people did.  Solid all-around game if nothing spectacular.  Gen 1 wins because of nostalgia.  Gen 2 wins because of the length of the game (two regions).  Gen 3 was probably overall the best series of games as a whole.  Gen 4 was above-average.  Gen 5 had the best plot line by far.  Gen 6 was okay, nothing special but very solid.  Gen 7 was an abomination.  And Gen 8 is solid as well.  For me, the tiering is pretty.

(Tier 1)
Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 3

(Tier 2)
Gen 5

(Tier 3)
Gen 4
Gen 6
Gen 8

(Tier Infinity)
Gen 7

I agree with this tiering, assuming the order in the tiers is just order of release 

On 5/22/2021 at 8:19 PM, Danger said:

Agree. HG and SS are amazing, plus remakes of the first game I played. Platinum was much much better than D/P, which was so meh