Everything Pokemon Thread!

• 1 month later...

Sooo need some help.

Looking for a game to pass the time. Remembered the Switch bad a few Pokemon games. I only really ever played Pokemon Stadium for N64 back in the day and loved it.

Could somebody steer me in the right direction on the difference between the 3-5 pokemon games that are out? Sword, Sheild, Go Pikachu, Go Eevee and Diamond? I heard they two GO games were for beginners and too easy. I would like something with a challenge.

I like the idea of a story mode where you find catch Pokemon, level them up and battle them. Sort of similar to the Pokemon Go mobile craze (preferably 1st gen because I'm a 90s kid and don't know the newer Pokemon).

Is there a perfect match for me? If not, would you recommend any other fun RPG?

Edited by AkronsWitness

I don't think many are super hard. They are kid games. I'm gonna start working my way through some of the older generation games now. i beat the bulk of pokemon let's go pika on switch but got bored of how easy it was so i bailed. I have to finish sword as well at some point but again beat the bulk of the game, my brother just wanted to borrow it. 

Now  I'm on to SoulSilver on my little 3ds but that game is weird because there are little updates from the original game that i must have missed, so it seems new-ish. 

i've heard that platinum, and the black and white sequels are harder...

i'm gonna find out either way lol

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sooo need some help.

Looking for a game to pass the time. Remembered the Switch bad a few Pokemon games. I only really ever played Pokemon Stadium for N64 back in the day and loved it.

Could somebody steer me in the right direction on the difference between the 3-5 pokemon games that are out? Sword, Sheild, Go Pikachu, Go Eevee and Diamond? I heard they two GO games were for beginners and too easy. I would like something with a challenge.

I like the idea of a story mode where you find catch Pokemon, level them up and battle them. Sort of similar to the Pokemon Go mobile craze (preferably 1st gen because I'm a 90s kid and don't know the newer Pokemon).

In general Pokemon games if you know what you are doing won't be hard and if you have experience and want a challenge you usually have to handicap yourself.

For the games Sword and Shield are basically the same game with small differences and are the newest edition. The Go games are more simplified. Haven't played myself but it's way different from the main series. Brilliant Diamond is coming out later this year along with Shining Pearl and will be remakes of older games. In general in the games outside of the Go's most Pokemon will be other than Gen 1(there are Gen 1's sprinkled in but most won't be.

17 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sooo need some help.

None of them are difficult unless you put special rules in place.  I'd stay away from either of the Let's Go games.  Either go with Sword/Shield since they're out now, or wait until Diamond/Pearl comes out.

• Like 1