Everything Pokemon Thread!

4 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Arceus looks really interesting.  The D/P game looks really bad to me.  Have to wait and see, but I'm not feeling the graphics, at all.

Taking the wait and see approach with BDSP.  First off, the names they chose are beyond stupid.  Graphics are a step back too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Arceus looks really interesting.  The D/P game looks really bad to me.  Have to wait and see, but I'm not feeling the graphics, at all.

In the context of having both styles out around the same time I’m more fine with it. But yeah looks dumpy.

Gen 4 was where I dropped off for a bit. So don’t have heavy nostalgia for that or Black & White. Went back and played them later though. The trailer didn’t really show anything that made me want to pick it up.

• Like 1

I don't give a rats *** about the DP remakes. Up until the last couple gens it was my least favourite. S/M now owns that and I can't ever see that changing lol.

Open world Pokemon tho? We have been asking for that for 10 years. I am so damn excited for that! Don't even care about regions, this just means there will be more and I am here for it. I hope the fans put their money where their mouth is and buy the **** out of that game so Nintendo and GF realize there is a huge market for it. At least I hope there is. 

• Like 2

Grew up playing Red/Blue then played Gold/Silver before I got "too old."  Then in college hit the nostalgia and played Fire Red emulators and Black/White 1 and 2, loved those.  Skipped again until Sword and Shield.  Really hooked on it when it first came out.  Is Diamond and Pearl worth it? I feel like a lot of people love them but it's also kids who are 10 years younger than me and grew up on those.

I'll probably get it anyway because it's pokemon.

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Grew up playing Red/Blue then played Gold/Silver before I got "too old."  Then in college hit the nostalgia and played Fire Red emulators and Black/White 1 and 2, loved those.  Skipped again until Sword and Shield.  Really hooked on it when it first came out.  Is Diamond and Pearl worth it? I feel like a lot of people love them but it's also kids who are 10 years younger than me and grew up on those.

I'll probably get it anyway because it's pokemon.

Personally no, but it did have one of the better cohesive storylines if I remember right. A bigger scale with time, space and gods.

Gen4 was up and down as far as the Pokédex went. A ton of pre and special evolutions. First time they went hard on the amount of legendaries. But some good ones in there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Personally no, but it did have one of the better cohesive storylines if I remember right. A bigger scale with time, space and gods.

Gen4 was up and down as far as the Pokédex went. A ton of pre and special evolutions. First time they went hard on the amount of legendaries. But some good ones in there.

Platinum was much better, one of my biggest issues with DP was the pool of pokemon, it straight up sucked. Platinum fixed that. If we look at ORAS it was basically a hybrid remake of them with Emerald stuff too so hopefully that is what this will be. 

18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Platinum was much better, one of my biggest issues with DP was the pool of pokemon, it straight up sucked. Platinum fixed that. If we look at ORAS it was basically a hybrid remake of them with Emerald stuff too so hopefully that is what this will be. 

That makes sense, how those 3rd games usually went. I’m pretty sure I played Platinum.

Yeah hopefully they do two hybrid versions.

15 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I loved Gen 4, easily the best gen IMO. though the art style of the characters in the remake is kinda... offputting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I loved Gen 4, easily the best gen IMO. though the art style of the characters in the remake is kinda... offputting.

Wish I played them when they came out. 
I guess Soul Silver was part of that Gen so I didn’t totally miss it, loved those remakes.

I think outside Gen 1, that second Gen holds a close place for me. I remember like hunting down info in magazines for the new generation and starters. Umbreon and others are still favorites.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Considering Gen 4 was easily my least favourite gen of the first 5, I am curious why it's your favourite? Generally curious, not to argue.

The one great thing that came out of that game for me was the Physical/Special moves, but I don't really attribute those kind of things to an individual game. 

I also loved the underground back then because I was actually playing that with friends.