What video game are you playing?

On 4/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, Spartacus said:

Playing Jedi Fallen Order after Sekiro is killing my love for Jedi Fallen Order. The combat seems like it should be so similar but Jedi Fallen Order seems so clunky compared to Sekiro.... I hope the sequel fixes that a bit. 

Never played Sekiro, but yes, Jedi Fallen Order needs major fine tuning, both combat and platforming aspects.

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Never played Sekiro, but yes, Jedi Fallen Order needs major fine tuning, both combat and platforming aspects.

They are extremely similar in how they want to you to play. Both are about using parries with opportunistic attacking to break posture of enemies and death blowing them or doing big damage. The problem is Sekiro feels great when your doing it and something just seems so off in Jedi Fallen Order that I can't really figure out. I think if they carbon copy Sekiros formula they would be so much better off even if they don't create the same difficulty. I highly suggest you play it if you like Souls games even if it just gives you a better picture on what this combat should be like. It's my favorite of the series and I generally not a big fan of that setting. 

Edited by Spartacus

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

I want either an RPG with side elements that I can get lost in like the settlement building in Fallout 4 or some kind of simulation/strategy game once I’m done with Hogwarts Legacy.

Its not exactly what your mentioning, but New World. There is no bigger 'how has it been 6 hours already I just sat down' game than New World. If you appreciate a massive beautiful open world game that is rewarding with leveling up your character by farming and grindy as hell, you would love it. It also has a factions element who own certain areas to it so you get the feeling of working with members of the same team to get things done and level up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sad People said:

I heard 2k is better. The EA game has a bunch of P2W features.

Ehh I owned 2k and disliked it. They don't have much real course licensing, few real golfers and the fact that every swing is built around 'tempo' makes it very frustrating to play IMO. Just like 2k basketball games and shot releases, it seems impossible to consistently get 'perfect'. Put 10 of the same swings on the ball and get 10 different results so I returned it lol

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 1:42 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Anybody played the new EA PGA Tour game?

Yeah I have it. It's solid. If you liked any of the others you'd like this. I need to figure out how to make putting a little tougher without making it too tough. The 2K series has it best - you get one shot to see where your putt is going and then you have to adjust from there. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I had 2K21 and now PGA Tour. I'd say they both have their things that are better and worse. Swing mechanics on EA are better to me though... 

(long post but hear me out)

Facts, 2Ks obsession with stick timing (which is not close to being consistent) in all of their games ruins everything they make for me. Outside of that the only gripe I would have PGA 2k23 is that.....its boring? Too much of a simulation? Its quiet, the announcers are a snooze and honestly is in desperate need of some arcadey-ness to it. Aim the shot, flick the stick, hope its good tempo. Aim the shot, flick the stick, hope its good tempo. Over and over and over. It got boring, quick.

Golf games are weird in the sense that its a traditional sport and mellow so putting that into a video game and not have people lose interest in a week is tough.

I loved the old 2000s Tiger Woods games because they were arcade-y. The heartbeat, the power shot animation while jamming L1 to get your power meter full, TIGER VISION, the soundtracks, the made up eccentric characters you faced when playing career mode, the made up fantasy courses they had of playing in Antarctica or a Jungle, the fact that your golfer actually had attributes and skill points to get better.

IMO EA Sports (as much crap as they get for Madden) knows how to make a good golf game that didnt have you burnt out on playing it after a few weeks. In a world full of sports titles whose only purpose is to be a simulation, the fact that EA spiced their golf games up with arcade aspects and didnt take itself to seriously is why they those TW titles are so good.

Maybe it was because those games came out during the peak of EA Sports BIG franchise and that was just the time period, but I hope we can continue to get more sports titles that reverse the 'simulation or bust trend' and go back to making a real sports game with a sprinkle of arcade aspects. 2k just takes itself way to seriously as a simulator for it to be any fun for more than 3-5 rounds.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1