Titans sign Taylor Lewan 5 year, 80 mil

Justin615$

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Is he really worthy of being the highest paid OT in the NFL???

I mean, he's far more worthy of it than Nate Solder or Russel Okung were, the two previous highest paid OTs.

He's a top 5 left tackle in football. In a year or two someone else's deal will surpass his. Just how it works.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

Is he the most recent good to very good offensive lineman to sign a contract? Because that is pretty much all it takes sometimes

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I will say cap management is going to get VERY interesting. I know the cap increases every year but with RBs/DBs getting paid OT/DE money the market reset will be very interesting to watch. Teams with a QB on a rookie deal gotta hit that 3-5 yr window fast

Paying RBs a ton of money is incredibly stupid and no one should do it. They're a dime a dozen and if you put your resources in to the o-line and build a good one, it doesn't really matter who the RB is.

QB, defense and o-line are what matters in the NFL I feel. Scraps at receiver, TE and RB are fine.

52 minutes ago, Danger said:

Since he's a top 5 tackle and literally the latest OT to sign a contract, yes he is.

In a year or two he won't be. It's the way of the NFL.

But the guy has proven, on the field and in the locker room, to be worth keeping around. If the Titans didn't pay him, some other team would have in free agency.

13 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Paying RBs a ton of money is incredibly stupid and no one should do it. They're a dime a dozen and if you put your resources in to the o-line and build a good one, it doesn't really matter who the RB is.

QB, defense and o-line are what matters in the NFL I feel. Scraps at receiver, TE and RB are fine.

Everyone in the NFL disagees.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Everyone in the NFL disagees.

Which is something I don't quite understand. I don't think "scraps" is sufficient, but I think true numbers one types are a luxury more than a requirement. Generational guys are the only ones I'd pay like that though. Giving sixteen million to Sammy types is not something I'd be doing and I don't think my team would be worse of putting that money elsewhere

Archived