Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Fell free to believe what you want but i'll take the word of Brandt. 

Brandt is saying there is money for a stadium. That really doesn't have anything to do with the accusation/rumor that Mark Davis is po folk by NFL owner standards.

Not knocking the team. Or the players. Or the fans. I just think they all deserve better.

3 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Thats why there's already gonna be borderline anarchy. No sane person expects those picks to hit at 50% and even less chance that any are as good as Mack is.

I get that.  I am just going to hold my reservations until we see how said picks are used.  We made the smart (yet unpopular move) to trade back pick up another 3rd and use it on Bryant.  A spoil of picks does not equal bad drafting.  It's literally currency for future moves...

1 minute ago, Non-Issue said:

Brandt is saying there is money for a stadium. That really doesn't have anything to do with the accusation/rumor that Mark Davis is po folk by NFL owner standards.

Not knocking the team. Or the players. Or the fans. I just think they all deserve better.

Brandt is saying the Raiders had more than enough money to sign Mack. Maybe your original post wasn't related to Mack but it probably should have been posted elsewhere then.

Just now, Totty said:

I get that.  I am just going to hold my reservations until we see how said picks are used.  We made the smart (yet unpopular move) to trade back pick up another 3rd and use it on Bryant.  A spoil of picks does not equal bad drafting.  It's literally currency for future moves...

The problem is, as someone quoted, "This is like buying a scratch off and winning  a million bucks and trading the winning ticket for 2 more scratch offs."

You draft hoping to land a Mack. When you finally manage to land your Mack, you don't trade him for 2 more chances to land a Mack.

But I do agree that time will decide whether this is a good trade or not. 

Just now, Non-Issue said:

The problem is, as someone quoted, "This is like buying a scratch off and winning  a million bucks and trading the winning ticket for 2 more scratch offs."

You draft hoping to land a Mack. When you finally manage to land your Mack, you don't trade him for 2 more chances to land a Mack.

Exactly. 

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Brandt is saying the Raiders had more than enough money to sign Mack. Maybe your original post wasn't related to Mack but it probably should have been posted elsewhere then.

But Brandt is using an utterly irrelevant fact to argue otherwise. I have no doubt Brandt knows more about the situation than I do. You have no doubt that Brandt knows more about the situation than I do. But Brandt isn't putting forth a very compelling argument. It's like me saying you cant pay your light bill because you are broke and you countering that you arent broke because you just got an EBT card. EBT cards are for food. Not electric bills.

4 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

But Brandt is using an utterly irrelevant fact to argue otherwise. I have no doubt Brandt knows more about the situation than I do. You have no doubt that Brandt knows more about the situation than I do. But Brandt isn't putting forth a very compelling argument. It's like me saying you cant pay your light bill because you are broke and you countering that you arent broke because you just got an EBT card. EBT cards are for food. Not electric bills.

?

Archived