Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

So to recap:

- She's crazy

- He's crazy

- They're both drunks

- Despite him being a crazy drunk, it's been determined by those in the AD and presumably the PD, that he's innocent what she's accusing him of.

- Despite him being innocent of what she's accused of they still fired him. 

- He's sitting idly by after being unjustifiably terminated for something he didn't do. 

seems-legit-gif-9.gif

3 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

So to recap:

- She's crazy

- He's crazy

- They're both drunks

- Despite him being a crazy drunk, it's been determined by those in the AD and presumably the PD, that he's innocent what she's accusing him of.

- He's sitting idly by after being unjustifiably terminated for something he didn't do. 

seems-legit-gif-9.gif

Most importantly, the source of this information is a friend of a friend who is close to Urban Meyer and got him to talk about the situation. And it was posted on a message board much like this.

I’m guessing here but I think Urban and OSU part ways by the close of business today. It makes more sense for OSU this way. It lets them say they acted swiftly on this and took care of it. It also lets them use the hall of fame weekend and Red Sox-Yankees to lower the volume on the news. While it will still be the top story, it won’t have 24/7 coverage like it would during the middle of next week. 

6 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

So to recap:

- She's crazy

- He's crazy

- They're both drunks

seems-legit-gif-9.gif

Yeah if we grant any sort of clemency to these claims (made by a random anonymous forum dweller much like us with hush hush seeeeeeeeeeecret sources) it swings around to "then why the hell is Zach Smith not suing the entire state of Ohio right now"

8 minutes ago, winitall said:

I’m guessing here but I think Urban and OSU part ways by the close of business today. It makes more sense for OSU this way. It lets them say they acted swiftly on this and took care of it. It also lets them use the hall of fame weekend and Red Sox-Yankees to lower the volume on the news. While it will still be the top story, it won’t have 24/7 coverage like it would during the middle of next week. 

Yep. Friday at 5:05 PM, announce the "bad" news and get it done with. This also will, thankfully, let us spend a quiet Friday night with popcorn and Bucknuts.

41 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

We should drop discussion about Project Veritas and just focus on this story. That could get very political very quickly.

Those were definitely not my intentions when making the initial post. It was pertaining to the subject.

Ok guys, just got a text from a family friend who is 3rd cousins with the guy who picked up the Smith’s recycling for years (yeah, I was surprised they recycle too!). 

Of course take this with a grain of salt but here’s what he said:

- Urban’s relationship with his wife hasn’t been great. They barely speak.

- Zach actually didn’t do any of it. Shelley and Zach’s wife conspired to do this since 2009

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Those were definitely not my intentions when making the initial post. It was pertaining to the subject.

I know, it's just very hard to talk about that and not get off-topic and political. It was a good point to bring up and a good parallel to draw, it's just probably best if we leave it at that because I could easily see this thread getting derailed over that.

Just now, IDOG_det said:

I know, it's just very hard to talk about that and not get off-topic and political. It was a good point to bring up and a good parallel to draw, it's just probably best if we leave it at that because I could easily see this thread getting derailed over that.

Totally get it. I was hesitant at first for that reason (and I shouldn't have prefaced it the way I did either so that's my fault) but felt it may be good for the discussion. 

10 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

What do you mean when you say “hearsay”?

Hearsay is when you do not have direct contact with the source. If his wife talked to Courtney then Mrs Meyers talked to Urban, that is hearsay. 

Also something I read about DV and HC's not being fired, here is something from Colorado not too long ago:

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/what_happened_to_colorado_foot.html 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, Texasmade said:

So to recap:

- She's crazy

- He's crazy

- They're both drunks

seems-legit-gif-9.gif

Lulz.... 

That is all

mastercheddaar

5 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Hearsay is when you do not have direct contact with the source. If his wife talked to Courtney then Mrs Meyers talked to Urban, that is hearsay. 

Also something I read about DV and HC's not being fired, here is something from Colorado not too long ago:

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/what_happened_to_colorado_foot.html 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

tfw you're just trying to blindly defend Urban Meyer sheltering a domestic abuser but 4 posts later you have to try to correct a practicing lawyer on what hearsay is:

urban-meyer-2012-a5128083705924a7-385x30

10 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Haven't been following this closely, but of course hoping for the best and that Urban is canned.

From what I understand, the allegation is that Urban knew about an assistant coach being charged for domestic abuse, but didn't fire him for years?

Yes.  It comes also to the fact that originally it was thought maybe to be a Title IX issue which has been clarified it wasnt 

Archived